+ Visit West Bromwich Albion FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Albion v Newcastle teamnews/matchthread

I think this result highlights just how dire our situation is.

I expect Palace to beat us Saturday as easily as they did last season.

Without some miracle signings in January its game over for us.

Sorry to say it needed pulis to do the last sub as he would have shifted Evans to LB and bought on GMAC along side him,GM got it completely wrong and cost us the points, on another note Perce if the Telegraph says Pardew announced tomorrow

Quote Originally Posted by Barrera View Post
    Draw probably a fair reflection. Bad points. Nyom a complete liability defensively. McLean should not be near the first team - another liability. Good points. Young Field did well - took his goal well. HRK probably our main threat. Defence solid apart from Nyom. Philips getting injured just after Megsons final sub was just unlucky - although thought Philips had an average game.
    Your view on McClean & Nyon I totally agree & we must get rid , i through newcastle played the more composed football for most of the game better than us . But after being 2 up what a let down , the team lost its shape & we looked terrible, good to see the crowd up & buzzing we need some one in sooner rather later now to get some confidence in to the player to give them a lift , the biggest worry for me is the quality of our squad people say it's the best for years ? I'm not convinced.

Quote Originally Posted by Johnny on the spot 1 View Post
    Your view on McClean & Nyon I totally agree & we must get rid , i through newcastle played the more composed football for most of the game better than us . But after being 2 up what a let down , the team lost its shape & we looked terrible, good to see the crowd up & buzzing we need some one in sooner rather later now to get some confidence in to the player to give them a lift , the biggest worry for me is the quality of our squad people say it's the best for years ? I'm not convinced.
    Said on sky that Pardew will be the man in the morning.....

Quote Originally Posted by goodlordmurphy View Post
    Said on sky that Pardew will be the man in the morning.....
    Let's hope he can do something with our squad ? A lack of pace no invention in midfield & no real goal threat although we scored 2 tonight that's few & far between who ever comes in he needs the tools to work with , I don't know about you Murph but I don't think he has .

Let's hope he can do something with our squad ? A lack of pace no invention in midfield & no real goal threat although we scored 2 tonight that's few & far between who ever comes in he needs the tools to work with , I don't know about you Murph but I don't think he has .
    Correction to the sky mention it was Bt...my son was watching Watford v Man U.

There is a lot of work to be done on the training ground to get the passing going to our players instead of the opposition...the awareness of our defence is lacking, the main man Evans was looking elsewhere when the ball hit him and went in although probably unsighted by our centre forward...in the 6yd box?????

There are some positives though...the mere fact we have scored three goals in two matches are giant steps forward compared to how we were.

As far as Pardew is concerned I think he will do as he always does, gets his teams playing good football for a while then blows up and we could possibly be back to square one. Let's hope he can get enough points for survival.

Personally I would have loved to have got the Pearson/Shakespeare combination, for me the future would be an exciting one.

Quote Originally Posted by boingy View Post
    2 games after Pulis out and we already have big holes in the defence. Cant believe we threw that 2-0 advantage away. We have to keep the good work at the back and add an attack that worries opponents. Got to have BOTH.
    Unfortunately we have had these holes the whole season...

Couldn’t agree more JOTS.

One of the problems is that we lack pace and look very pedestrian when we go forward. We appear to be reluctant to take defenders on and either pass sideways or backwards. This is probably ingrained in them after TP's tenure and it will take time to change the mindset. I hope that whoever takes over is prepared to give the players more freedom to express themselves while we remain solid at the back, which we have not been of late. Although I didn't feel that we played particularly well last night, it was extremely disappointing to let a two goal lead slip again. We have lost too many points this season after taking the lead.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)