+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: England U17

England U17

England are playing against the USA tomorrow right here in Sarasota. My daughter and I are very excited about this, it's free admission an'all ha ha.

I must admit I don't know much about either squad and would very much appreciate any pointers as to who to look out for and who to keep an eye on. Thanks.

You will enjoy the kind of football they play if they play as well as they did at NYS . I think a few of the world cup winning squad

have now moved up to another level .

The stand out players for me when they played Germany were numbers 3 left back , 4 centre midfield , 15 centre half ,and 11 left side
    of midfield who played well till he got injured and had to go off but they are all comfortable on the ball.

Thanks Redhouse. Other than watching my daughter play at school level, this will be the first proper match I've seen here in 15 years. I seem to remember the U17's playing at Millmoor and Michael Owen playing for them. I could be wrong.
    By the way, I've played on the old Red House pitch, I doubt if it's still there.

Quote Originally Posted by sota View Post
    Thanks Redhouse. Other than watching my daughter play at school level, this will be the first proper match I've seen here in 15 years. I seem to remember the U17's playing at Millmoor and Michael Owen playing for them. I could be wrong.
    By the way, I've played on the old Red House pitch, I doubt if it's still there.
    Yep I think so, Owen got sent off in that game if my memory serves me correctly.

Yes Grist, I think that's right, thanks for replying. I have so many memories in my head it's confusing at times lol. How come we staged the game in the first place? Any idea?

Quote Originally Posted by sota View Post
    Yes Grist, I think that's right, thanks for replying. I have so many memories in my head it's confusing at times lol. How come we staged the game in the first place? Any idea?
    Owen was sent off in a qulification game against Yugoslavia. I have the programme somewhere, I don't recall many of the players involved in the game but until his red card, Owen was partnered upfront by Gifton Noel-Williams.

Quote Originally Posted by tony260674 View Post
    Owen was sent off in a qulification game against Yugoslavia. I have the programme somewhere, I don't recall many of the players involved in the game but until his red card, Owen was partnered upfront by Gifton Noel-Williams.

Yes I too have the program somewhere. Owen autographed it before the match started.

What an absolute joy to watch. Our no 5 Benjamin Knight of Ipswich Town was absolutely majestic at centre half, I'll be following him for sure.

Update, just been seriously outplayed by The Netherlands and lost 3-1. Even the Missus noticed that our heads dropped after they equalised and she's usually more interested in what colour socks we're wearing.