+ Visit Queen of the South FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: League Match 15: Doonhamers v Inverness Caley Jags

Quote Originally Posted by aloreburn View Post
    The long ball tactic is not only boring but ineffective. We should be playing to our strengths like using Stephen Dobbie properly. He looks unhappy to me at times and who can blame him

On the subject of the poor attendances I really don’t know the answer. It’s not as if we’re sitting rooted to the bottom of the table and I’ve seen a lot worse football in my time. Queens remain one of the cheapest in the league to watch , kids for a quid season tickets but still the locals don’t turn up

What’s wrong with you ?
    Nail on head regarding Dobbie. For all his faults - Dobbie is the most talented player in the league and we are not making the most of it.

They say signing certain players puts bums on seats. Last year we signed Stephen Dobbie , he’s scored approx 40 goals since his return and the crowds are DOWN

I’d like to hear from somebody on here who regularly reads this site but doesn’t attend matches and why

Quote Originally Posted by aloreburn View Post
    They say signing certain players puts bums on seats. Last year we signed Stephen Dobbie , he’s scored approx 40 goals since his return and the crowds are DOWN

I’d like to hear from somebody on here who regularly reads this site but doesn’t attend matches and why
    The general public are apathetic and this why we can't move forward. A lot of the apathy stems from the fact that young folk are almost groomed to support either side of the old firm from birth. Father/ uncles passing on this tribal nature and blanket live coverage of their games on tv and in the papers . This of course isn't a unique Dumfries problem but it's with us all the same.

Whatever happens in the future , most of us that contribute to this site will still be at Palmerston. If we could all bring just one young person ( if possible) or someone who shows an interest in our results , then we may build for years to come. Only a suggestion!

Quote Originally Posted by JRSLEFTPEG View Post
    Whatever happens in the future , most of us that contribute to this site will still be at Palmerston. If we could all bring just one young person ( if possible) or someone who shows an interest in our results , then we may build for years to come. Only a suggestion!
    Great suggestion but it is not only the old Firm issue with the younger population but social media in general. How many around you do you see concentrating more on their phones than the game itself and its not just the youth either? This is hitting all activities where, after this current generation, it is likely to suffer permanent damage as I see this affecting golf, fishing and most outdoor activities.

Thumbs up

Quote Originally Posted by JRSLEFTPEG View Post
    Hi Spike . One thing noticeable is the amount of high balls getting punted at Dykes. This has to be a tactic of ours because of the regularity of it happening and I don't think it's paying off. I feel a bit sorry for the big man because although he is decent in the air, I am very sure he prefers it played in front of him for him to run onto. I agree with your opinion of the midfield. They are both very hard working but too similar in that they don't create much . There has to be one defensive type centre midfielder AND a more creative one beside him to complement each other. I would approach Celtic and see if we could get Thomson back on loan. The kind of surging player that could support the forwards as well , knowing say Jacobs is sitting in behind . As said, without looking too dangerous in a scoring sense , Kane looks strong and put a good physical shift in . Being realistic , I dont think a club like ours could get much better than him on loan so I would like to get this ' borrowing' extended ( but please score Chris ) The biggest miss - if we can't extend his loan - has to be Kerr . The boy has a bright future and I am quite sure he will go back to St Johnstone and be a first team regular .
    If Kane returns to St Johnstone maybe we could get Doonhamer - born Denny Johnstone in return but would have
    to deal with his current parent club Colchester. Another loan option is Oli Shaw (Hibs) grandson of Dick Shaw who spent
    many years at Palmy as a cosch / trainer and latterly club secretary

Can anyone tell me why Naismith subbed our flying winger, - he was the best player on the park on Saturday and Queens failed when he came off.

It's also not a good idea to state in the press that your players are knackered and in need of a rest.....that fails to inspire I'm afraid.

A wee bit of sensible marketing and positivity might help.

One thing to remember though is this: the fixture list conspired to give Queens just 3 home matches in 3 months from August and then 5 in 5 weeks around December ......crazy and not good for cash flow!

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)