+ Visit Derby County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Again the bottle goes!

Again the bottle goes!

Another golden chance to start to pull away from the chasing pack yet to fail again, why oh why does it always happen. Really gutted with this result, makes the result against Boro look worthless!
    Burton will be up for it too!

Methinks a needed dose of reality.

We have had some great results from some not so good performances.

Quote Originally Posted by sixtiesram View Post
    Methinks a needed dose of reality.

We have had some great results from some not so good performances.
    And I thought that was a bad result from an OK performance (2nd half anyway), we've played way worse and won recently. I'm prepared to treat that one as a 'bump in the road', nowhere near as depressed as after the Reading game

Karma. We have ground out so many results lately on the back of less than average performances. This time it was us that got stung. Swings and roundabouts.

The worrying thing for me is...... despite a couple of quick goals in the last 12 or so games, we have a tendency to be 2nd best in the first half and then take the ascendency in the 2nd. So it was lasy night. Ipswich the better side first half without troubling Carson with the exception of the goal from a dead ball situation. Red Dogs game, a goal up in 24 seconds but they were the better side in the first half. Home or away we seem to have this slow start. Reading hammered us for it. More teams will do so over the course of the season unless we solve this.

A bit harsh. Conceded an early goal against a team that revels in negative football. Won some lose even fewer.

We completely dominated the second half but, apart from one save, their goalie was given a day off!! When teams sit in we are clueless!!

Quote Originally Posted by macstheman View Post
    We completely dominated the second half but, apart from one save, their goalie was given a day off!! When teams sit in we are clueless!!
    When we are at home do we really need two holding midfielders? surely not, it leaves us with just four with any attacking threat.
    Away it maybe suits are smash and grab style.

I would love to see Barry Bannan in our midfield in January

I think last night's performance summarizes why we are where we are still and others with arguably weaker squads have gained promotion. Could you see Wolves, for instance, when in a position to drive a nail into a coffin, bail out and fail? We repeatedly do it, cannot seem to go the extra yard or press home the advantages we create with previous good performances. if anything, this is the Derby Way: make it hard for ourselves.

i remember last year thinking that one of the top teams will slip up, but they never seemed to. the same the year before with Burnley Hull and Middlesboro - we would get a good result and put pressure on them, and they always seemed to respond positively and pull out a result when needed to ease pressure again. We do not seem to be capable of doing this. The opportunity to put a decent gap between us and 7th again tossed away.... depressing

As a club we havent got it have we,, all the fancy flags and fake atmosphere cant change this, we have zero bottle when it comes to pulling clear. 2014/15 proved this, 5 points clear of 3rd with fulham away (bottom half average side) brighton away (ditto) and Birmingham home (ditto), we picked 1 point and threw away a 2 0 lead with 2 minutes of stoppage time left

I said on another thread wed probably contrive to lose both these home games this week and thats 1 down,, how we lose to burton though will take some doing, they are absolute dross, but its clough and rowett against former clubs,, we really should be winning comfortably though, but lets see.

Quote Originally Posted by DCFCArmy View Post
    As a club we havent got it have we,, all the fancy flags and fake atmosphere cant change this, we have zero bottle when it comes to pulling clear. 2014/15 proved this, 5 points clear of 3rd with fulham away (bottom half average side) brighton away (ditto) and Birmingham home (ditto), we picked 1 point and threw away a 2 0 lead with 2 minutes of stoppage time left

I said on another thread wed probably contrive to lose both these home games this week and thats 1 down,, how we lose to burton though will take some doing, they are absolute dross, but its clough and rowett against former clubs,, we really should be winning comfortably though, but lets see.
    0-0 banker

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)