+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Davies

Davies

You can practice how to defend a set piece and do all the planning in the world as a manager but there is no legislating for sheer incompetence (IMO) - after watching back the Reading goals he is at fault for at least 2 of them, coupled with the missed clearance for the Cardiff goal, the 1st against Leeds, the 1st against Villa (These are off the top of my head), its fair to say he's building up a fine collection of bloopers - this isnt a new concept in the Davies custodian role at the Reds.

I appreciate you have to have time to learn your trade however he is making the same mistakes over and over again, he will go on to have a good spell then regress, its one step forward two steps back I'm afraid and you have to admit that at certain things in life you are just not good enough. He cannot command his area, he breeds a lack of confidence in the defence as he is very sluggish off his line, his kicking of late has been attrocious. Whilst I get there is other problems in other areas of the park what is the point playing well for 15 minutes and not capitalising and then giving away a soft goal at the other end. Because of this incompetence the players must be thinking we need to score at least 2 to get something from the game.

I'm sick of hearing how 'Davo has saved us' but the bottom line is he costs us alot more points than he saves us - do alot of his top drawer saves boil down to poor positioning in the first place?

Alot of goalkeepers are good shotstoppers but to get one that positionally, command of the area etc are good is a different ballgame

A note to PH - this man will end up costing you your job he has been on easy street too long and not only needs competition but needs dropping.

Mcgovern (NI) GK would be a good shout in my book

Good shout renno , McGovern is 33 years old and vastly experienced , currently sat on the bench at Norwich which isn't what you want at his age .

Posssible loan in January as I think his wages would be a problem unless someone wakes up down there .

Spot on renno I'm clad to see someone thinks the same as me. The reports I've seen on Townsend makes me wonder why he hasn't been given a go, he should have been given a go a Wembley, it might have shuck Davies up a bit.

Davies has been doggydo of late

been saying he is crap for ages.