+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: January Window

Quote Originally Posted by Romared View Post
    We have an outstanding goalkeeper in the Reserves Nick Townsend , cost us a big fee , time to give him a chance , like a few more he doesn' sit well with our HC , ? Hecky could be the problem ? Taken us as far as he's capable ? As much as ilike the bloke Hecky , It's 'time to move on perhaps? Give the likes of Mallan a chance and stop being stubborn, and use Hammil only as an Iimpact sub, send Ugbo and Gardner back , they are gash , play Jared Bird or any ov our own before them anytime , I'm available if yoo need help
    So the same question to you , who would you replace Hecky with ?

PH is defence minded and letting other teams come at us hopefully he might change his way of thinking and play an attacking team especially at home and let teams worry about us that's how we've got some good wins this showing respect to other teams is rubbing off on the players and they feel defeated before they even got on field

Quote Originally Posted by animallittle3 View Post
    So the same question to you , who would you replace Hecky with ?
    He doesn't have to be replaced , i pointed out he may have taken us as far as he can ? Needs some help making decisions , some experience along side him , Clapham not good enough IMO, It's times like these that Sir Norman RIMINGTON was invaluable to are club , I'm sure he would have had a word in Hecky's earoyle ,

Quote Originally Posted by Romared View Post
    He doesn't have to be replaced , i pointed out he may have taken us as far as he can ? Needs some help making decisions , some experience along side him , Clapham not good enough IMO, It's times like these that Sir Norman RIMINGTON was invaluable to are club , I'm sure he would have had a word in Hecky's earoyle ,
    You stated " its time to move on perhaps "

What exactly did you mean by that then ?

It just needs someone to go up to him dead pan and say Hecky do you realise Moncur is a spineless player with the heart of a pea? Can you see that Potts is cumbersome and will never be a Championship footballer whilst he's oil in his ar53? Didn't you watch Preston away to see how terrible Gardner is? What do you see in Ike Ugbo?

If I were an interviewer I'd ask him these specific questions. He's responsible for picking the team.

He's fabled for straight talkin' so he shouldn't flannell his way out.

I don't want to see him sacked. I cant see what good it would do now. That time has passed.

I would like to know the thought process behind his inane, tactics, starting line-ups and substitutions that frankly have been pathetic.

I'd like to see the bloke hold his hands up and apologise to the lads for saying they were crap during pre-season too.

Or are people conveniently forgetting the aftermath of the Rotherham match?

Quote Originally Posted by Ponte_Steve24 View Post
    Something like 4-4-2

Townsend

Mccarthy, Pearson, Lindsay, Yiadom

Hammill, Mcgeehan, Williams, Mallan

Adeboyejo, Bradshaw.
    I’d change two of these Ponte?

Barnes in Mallan on the bench because he’s been outstanding so far.
    Thiam for Adabadger because he looked good when he came on last night and deserves a run in the team now.
    Adabadger on the bench and send the new Tammy Abraham back to Chelsea!

Won't surprise me if they don't sell Lyndsay in January

Quote Originally Posted by upthecolliers View Post
    Animal it in't buying players in the January Window, it's paying them a championship wage, some thing this present owner will not do that's why players are all ways wanting away, most love it here but money talks and you can not blame them. Hopefully things will change with new owners.

What new owners?

Quote Originally Posted by animallittle3 View Post
    You stated " its time to move on perhaps "

What exactly did you mean by that then ?
    To move on from fallouts with certain players , give them a chance to play a decent run of games , drop some of his favourites , he has to alter his ways, this
    Club could go into free fall if we don't start picking up points soon, Oakwell is not an happy place just now ,

Patrick Cryne might be ill but he can still be the hatchet man if need be too Roma. Difference between Lee Johnson and Paul Heckingbottom. Those eight defeats were in League 1. You can't afford a run like that in the Championship. However, well liked you are.

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast