+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast

Thread: OT: Between 40 and 50 billion

Quote Originally Posted by Bohinen View Post
    What have you ever run? I doubt it was as much as a corner shop. My job title was senior business consultant, and yes, I was involved with negotiations. I wrote tender documents for very large projects. It matters Jack **** now as I'm a house husband, but don't make assumptions about people you've never met.
    Ah! between jobs are we? Been sacked perchance or as in the modern speak ....... "Just taking a break for a while"

Senior "Business Consultants" - They used to queue up at the door attempting to show us how to run the business as soon as they saw us making a few bob. All so called experts but really all theory men and pen pushers attempting to sell their "services". Yes I have run a business here in the U.K. working for an American company but based within and having their machinery built under licence by an English engineering company.

oh politics.
    Our Great Britain will be once more.
    Take the blindfold off

Quote Originally Posted by sidders View Post
    I have ask you, Smiffy, what exactly do you think you're getting for your 50 to 60 billion? Perhaps you have more idea than the rest of us.
    No sidders, I have as much of an idea as the rest of you!

Quote Originally Posted by SmiffyPie View Post
    No sidders, I have as much of an idea as the rest of you!
    Which like the rest of us is diddly squat

It will allow us to get to the negotiating table to secure a trade deal far inferior to the one we currently have in place.

Quote Originally Posted by Mapperleypie View Post
    It will allow us to get to the negotiating table to secure a trade deal far inferior to the one we currently have in place.

Oh dear ..........I'm now really concerned!

... a guess ... 20m for the two years extension ... 30m for commitments in the pipeline. Probably reasonable. But wait, our EU friends will try to string us along further asking for more detail. At which point we should tell them to 'do one' and go for WTO rules. By the way, you fearful, spineless Remoaners, be in no doubt that we won't be paying 40% tariff on beef imports because more than one supplier will want to do a trade deal.

Quote Originally Posted by sidders View Post
    Well, Mr Serious, I agree that the final number is not yet published so your £20 remains yours, but all the smart money is now saying that the Tories have agreed to at least double their original offer. You must be a very disappointed chap in view of how your preferred politicians have caved in.
    To see Bozo now smiling like a happy chappy when previously he was of the 'We will pay very little' school is to see a hypocrite in full flow.
    And with no clear direction on Ireland, this absolute mess of a government is far from over the line. Apparently, the crucial factor now is what the public thinks. I wait with interest.
    I have happily conceded to Elite on this one although the bet was £25 in order for him to win back the £25 he lost on the Theresa bet. I don't nit pick or try to stall, possibly waiting months to get the correct amount. The final amount mentioned is never going to be nearer 20 than 60 billion so that's good enough for me - I've lost.
    So in effect honours are even with no problem.

Sid .........I voted out because I want English law supreme, I want the borders safe (yes force if necessary) and I want us to trade with the world without any barriers. Really simple isn't it?

We will leave the U.E. and for Christ's sake stop bloody moaning. Both your and my views on the topic are purely personal and if we are both honest both of us will be dead before enough time has elapsed to see who's views were more correct. Noting your point concerning the 'public's view' I think the public will carry on being what they are - the public.
    Last edited by seriouspie; 30-11-2017 at 10:58 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Mapperleypie View Post
    You couldn't make this cr@p up. Some of the worst negotiating in the history of the UK.

A shambolic fold and a complete waste of 6 months when this is what the EU wanted all along to move onto trade talks. We really have backed ourselves into a corner here.

Then again they need us more that we need them, we hold all the cards etc.
    I doubt that anyone who voted Leave believed that we 'hold all the cards etc.' when every Remoaner Tom Dick, Vince and Kenneth started briefing Barnier and his cronies.
    Like snitches to teacher from Day +1 of the result.

Quote Originally Posted by dam617 View Post
    I doubt that anyone who voted Leave believed that we 'hold all the cards etc.' when every Remoaner Tom Dick, Vince and Kenneth started briefing Barnier and his cronies.
    Like snitches to teacher from Day +1 of the result.
    Who 'snitched'? What was the occasion and what did the 'snitching' consist of? Or are you just spouting garbage?

Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ... 4567 LastLast