+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: 4 years ago, Flicker gets sacked

Quote Originally Posted by SBRed48 View Post
    Wilbi reyt Roma. Eigh**** points to come in December and Father"Chien Lee"Christmas al shower us wi so much brass as a Christmas present it'll be spend,spend,spend all the way.

And days start drawing art in three weeks.
    Arr twenty fust December , the day teckovva announced norrawluss bi dark at seven !!
    atta evvin a Christmas Lee up SB Led
    Last edited by Romared; 30-11-2017 at 02:07 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Romared View Post
    Arr twenty fust December , the day teckovva announced norrawluss bi dark at seven !!
    atta evvin a Christmas Lee up SB Led
    A used to gerra natural wun frum farm darn rooad but thur abart £50 nar. No way am paying that. A gorra little plastic wun frum Lidls two year back fo £12. Kept its leeavs ivva since. Erect day befooar Brentford match n decorate wi baubles and tinsel avved since befooar miner's strike. Blu Tak ez dried on backa mi star. Al start mekkin mi trimmins next week--them chains of interlocking loops we used to mek at primary skooil.
    Last edited by SBRed48; 30-11-2017 at 03:49 PM.

A used to gerra natural wun frum farm darn rooad but thur abart £50 nar. No way am paying that. A gorra little plastic wun frum Lidls two year back fo £12. Kept its leeavs ivva since. Erect day befooar Brentford match n decorate wi baubles and tinsel avved since befooar miner's strike. Blu Tak ez dried on backa mi star. Al start mekkin mi trimmins next week--them chains of interlocking loops we used to mek at primary skooil.
    Tha carnt beeut them intalockin trimmins !! Dunt purrum neer t gas mantle !!! A mite evta purra big coyit on tunneet n wun bar ont fire am frozzun

Quote Originally Posted by Acido View Post
    Remember this day in 2013, we'd all celebrated Rimmo's 90th before the game and the Birmingham fans were decent enough to join in as well. And then onto the match, it was an awful 0-3 loss and as it turned out the club sacked Flicker just a few hours later.
    Some fans say we were harsh on Flicker and that he deserved to stay longer, and others say we should have given Micky Mellon the job straight away and not gone with Danny Wilson again etc. All sorts of mistakes were made that season when I think we were actually capable of staying up.

I dont know if any comparisons could or should be made at the moment between todays squad, and that squad that took us down in the 2013-14 season.

We were never gonna survive that season Acido. Those players were a disgrace to the club. They dint give a sh1t, hence Patrick Cryne commented on the 'dead fish eyes' when he addressed the dressing room before the forest game. In the past ennyrooard mate.

I object to Mister Lee being made fun of in a Benny Hill style of Chinese speyk.

And Mr Lee will retain our better players by giving them big pay rises and longer contracts so there is no way Lindsay will go in January. So stick that in thi pipe and smoke it.
    Mr Lee say he like our business model , it make mwions , so not much will change !

These players are still wet behind the ears Acido. I don't think you can make comparison to the relegation team under flitcroft & Wilson. I think the bad performances lately come from the manager being unable to change things to suit during games when teams have found our weaknesses. The budding players we have also need to take some responsibility out there on the pitch when its not going our way. We need leaders not shrinking violets.

It's difficult and we're now seeing the unenviable task Hecky was handed since our best players departed. I still have belief that we will survive. I think that going back to a high intensity pressing game, especially at Oakwell will see us ok in the end.

Quote Originally Posted by pass_and_move View Post
    These players are still wet behind the ears Acido. I don't think you can make comparison to the relegation team under flitcroft & Wilson. I think the bad performances lately come from the manager being unable to change things to suit during games when teams have found our weaknesses. The budding players we have also need to take some responsibility out there on the pitch when its not going our way. We need leaders not shrinking violets.

It's difficult and we're now seeing the unenviable task Hecky was handed since our best players departed. I still have belief that we will survive. I think that going back to a high intensity pressing game, especially at Oakwell will see us ok in the end.
    Totally agree, I feel sorry for Hecky who had almost his entire promotion winning team sold from under him. If the money was used to pay back loans to PC then I fully understand why that would happen given the circumstances. But, we've had a nice little run before the international break and since then have looked like a team who've never met each other. The Captain is no leader - that's been a poor appointment, it makes me wonder if there's something going off in the dressing room, players don't want to seem to play for each other since the Birmingham game and prefer to leave it to someone else.No passion,fight or spirit from most. Hecky can only p!ss with the c@ck he's got, young team of newbies boxing well above their weight, club needs to understand that we won't keep putting up with it, I hope that if the takeover happens we'll move forward in respect of the clubs realisation that if it's a constant drudge folk will find something better to do with their hard earned. Loyalty is a two way street.

How much 'loans' has PC give BFC not equaling the transfer income over the years, but as we all no its always we are a small club with no money because the money just goes puff in a cloud of smoke as it has always done. I love our club with all this ambition. Look at burnley, not once have i heard ow look at little old burnley punching above their weight in the championship now prem. That is how you run the club not strip the club of assets for the pockets of the board unless it all goes on bazs biscuit bill

He’s loaned millions to the club over the years ?
    Last edited by EastStandRed; 02-12-2017 at 11:32 AM.

No comparison between the 2 teams - when we were relegated, very very few of them cared - there was no spirit at all! I remember Mellis (who could have been an excellent player) not being bothered & wandering through matches - he Santa alone!
    This team will get better

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast