+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: 4 years ago, Flicker gets sacked

4 years ago, Flicker gets sacked

Remember this day in 2013, we'd all celebrated Rimmo's 90th before the game and the Birmingham fans were decent enough to join in as well. And then onto the match, it was an awful 0-3 loss and as it turned out the club sacked Flicker just a few hours later.
    Some fans say we were harsh on Flicker and that he deserved to stay longer, and others say we should have given Micky Mellon the job straight away and not gone with Danny Wilson again etc. All sorts of mistakes were made that season when I think we were actually capable of staying up.

I dont know if any comparisons could or should be made at the moment between todays squad, and that squad that took us down in the 2013-14 season.

What I'll never fathom is our fixation with waiting while we drop into the bottom three rather than acting sooner. Surely the powers that be can see the slippery slope too.

A combination of Possible Takeover/Apparent interest in our HC /Some shocking performances of late, are a big factor in why some of us are reacting,
    Lately the entertainment value has been zero , that's not good enough , if it isn't improved soon attendances will inevitably fall, who wants to be sat watching the recent dross served up in bitter cold weather ?

Quote Originally Posted by Acido View Post
    Remember this day in 2013, we'd all celebrated Rimmo's 90th before the game and the Birmingham fans were decent enough to join in as well. And then onto the match, it was an awful 0-3 loss and as it turned out the club sacked Flicker just a few hours later.
    Some fans say we were harsh on Flicker and that he deserved to stay longer, and others say we should have given Micky Mellon the job straight away and not gone with Danny Wilson again etc. All sorts of mistakes were made that season when I think we were actually capable of staying up.

I dont know if any comparisons could or should be made at the moment between todays squad, and that squad that took us down in the 2013-14 season.
    There is some compararison ,,,,, strange team selections !!!!!

That season we acted too late through apparent sentiment and went down. Had we acted after the international break and given Danny Wilson just another month with the points ratio he scrimped we'd have stayed up.

Wilbi reyt Roma. Eigh**** points to come in December and Father"Chien Lee"Christmas al shower us wi so much brass as a Christmas present it'll be spend,spend,spend all the way.

And days start drawing art in three weeks.
    Last edited by SBRed48; 30-11-2017 at 01:42 PM.

I think a bit of depression has crept in at Oakwell

PC won’t sack Hecky , why would he ? We’re sat in the middle of the bottom half with a team that’s punching above where it should be .

If Me Lee was here he’d sell Liam Lindsay fo bwig pwofit

If i were PC I'd definitely be avin' a word and asking him why Stevie Mallan isn't playing and why I'd spent £600k on a player whose on loan in league 1.

Quote Originally Posted by EastStandRed View Post

If Me Lee was here he’d sell Liam Lindsay fo bwig pwofit
    I object to Mister Lee being made fun of in a Benny Hill style of Chinese speyk.

And Mr Lee will retain our better players by giving them big pay rises and longer contracts so there is no way Lindsay will go in January. So stick that in thi pipe and smoke it.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast