+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Mattock and Purrington

Mattock and Purrington

Think fans are split with these two.

I know Warney likes Mattock, Purrington will need to step up (which he was doing) to take his place.

Won't surprise me when fit that we will see Purrington LB and Mattock CB

Think that'll work? Can't get any worse can it

Or do you (yes you're there I know) want rid of both?

Purrington is inconsistent but he's young.
    Mattock is inconsistent and he's not young. However, he gets forward more effectively than Purrington and is probably the best crosser of a ball at the club.
    Warne must have seen something in Purrington because we paid Plymouth a decent fee for him so I hope we persevere and give him a fair crack of the whip.
    I'm not sure whether Mattock could play in central defence. He's not particularly tall and I'm not a big fan of experimenting with players in different positions. I rather hope we sign a decent, experienced centre half in January, say a 26/27 year old.

Mattock has had his chance and has not delivered much. I thought that he might look better at this level, but has only had the odd decent game. Purrington might improve, if ever fit. I hope that the transfer fee that we are rumoured to have paid, had in reality a couple of zeros less in the number.

Quote Originally Posted by mikemiller View Post
    Mattock has had his chance and has not delivered much. I thought that he might look better at this level, but has only had the odd decent game. Purrington might improve, if ever fit. I hope that the transfer fee that we are rumoured to have paid, had in reality a couple of zeros less in the number.
    £300k wasn't it?

Quote Originally Posted by mellowmiller View Post
    £300k wasn't it?
    That's what it says on Wikipedia. Although he is still only 21 y.o., it seems quite a lot to pay for somebody who had previously only played at League 2 level. We can only hope that Warney (or our scouting/recruitment super-computer?) has made a good decision. Only time will tell...