+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Sheep

Quote Originally Posted by shedka View Post
    Coo story Darren but the consensus on the sheep forum at the time was that Brown built a solid base for DM to work from and had made them more solid at the back compared to the shambles they had been under McGhee, very simplistic to have looked at nothing but league position

They just missed out on the top 6 due to bouldings winner, as game DM attended knowing he was taking over and decided to sign Flood, he won the league cup sure but it wasn't impressive, snuck a dour 0-0 on pens v an ICT side who played twice (Sunday they lost 5-0 us in the Scottish and had a rescheduled midweek league game vs Hibs to play) that week in the lead up to the final whereas Aberdeen had the full week to focus on it

Choked most big games including going very negative (including at Ibrox just midweek), plus losing semi finals to both us and St Johnstone from winning positions etc
    ok he put a decent base in place for DM which is fair enough i get that but he still finished bottom 6 each of the season's he was there. which for aberdeen isnt good enough. if we had a manager in charge for 2 1/2 years and didnt manage to get us in top 6, we would be wanting better so it would be the same for them. Brown spent most of his budget on has been players who were at the end of their careers (Rae, Hughes, Anderson, Naysmith, chris clark and rory fallon). Mcinnes knew were the problems were and changed them hence why hes been more successful.

Sorry to say winning a trophy "wasnt impressive" is deluding. they still won a trophy! will they put an * next to their win because it "wasnt impressive"??? yeah winning on pens after a 0-0 draw isnt entertaining but its still a win! im sure ANY united fan would take a 0-0 draw then winning on pens in a cup final.

ill agree he does seem to choke the majority of the big games but he has done a great job there considering what was before him. if he leaves whoever that goes in there Will have a good base there.

I think DM has been a solid manager for the sheep. BUT I also think, looking at the overall context of Scottish Football in that time, he's a trophy or two light.

Quote Originally Posted by TerryTheTerror View Post
    I think DM has been a solid manager for the sheep. BUT I also think, looking at the overall context of Scottish Football in that time, he's a trophy or two light.
    Spot on there Terry. I don't go on Sheep Mad very often but what I do know is there was 19000 there at the game and a big percentage of them will be feeling he's under performed given the money and players at his disposal.

Bottlers

I think you would give him a solid 7 or 8 out of 10 for his time at Aberdeen.

How he starts at sevco will be important. If they do badly it won’t take long for them to be on his back.

If he sneaks trophy or beats Celtic will buy him time.

If Rodgers stays at Celtic I don’t think his sevco will be ahead of them in the league.

He’ll effectively be doing same jobs he’s done for last few years - being second to Celtic

If I were sheep fan I’d be ragin when he seems to say few weeks ago that he had assured the chairman he was staying

if DM goes to sevco i cant see him getting anywhere near celtic esp if rodgers stays for another season or two. he'll get a bigger budget but that doesnt guarantee success. personally i think if i was a zombie id be wanting a bigger name (if affordable). If they want to get to the level celtic are at, they need to bring in a someone who will scare them which DM wouldnt do.

Im more interested to see who would take over at Aberdeen if he does go?
    From our point of view i hope they go for jack ross and weakens an opponent but i dont know if the sheep will want someone abit more experienced.

Defeat number 3 coming up on Friday for the Dons. From the mighty Dee.

Quote Originally Posted by Oor Wullie View Post
    Defeat number 3 coming up on Friday for the Dons. From the mighty Dee.
    Nothing like a bit of overconfidence

Quote Originally Posted by LSArab View Post
    I think you would give him a solid 7 or 8 out of 10 for his time at Aberdeen.

How he starts at sevco will be important. If they do badly it won’t take long for them to be on his back.

If he sneaks trophy or beats Celtic will buy him time.

If Rodgers stays at Celtic I don’t think his sevco will be ahead of them in the league.

He’ll effectively be doing same jobs he’s done for last few years - being second to Celtic

If I were sheep fan I’d be ragin when he seems to say few weeks ago that he had assured the chairman he was staying
    Agree LS.

It's possible that Deek is the best the new Rangers can expect to get. No top class coach would want to touch that situation.
    Hence they go for a "rangers" man. Basically because they have to.

As you say it's a strange one when he comes out to the press saying my future is here then the next minute it seems he's on his way.

fwiw I think he has an issue with motivation. With the players available to him there's no way he should have lost so many v the new Rangers and the poppy dodgers. But as I say they can't get the best, so get McInness

ok had a wee peek on sheep mad and it's fair to say things are not going down too well there. Here's a sample

sheepcrooky
    Hall Of Fame
    Quote Originally Posted by Pacman1903 View Post
    [If im being honest i hope the c@nt wraps himself round one of the new average speed cameras on the A96 en route to Idix]

If i’m being honest, I would prefer if it was me that drove him off the edge into a big fvck off ravine. I hate liars.
    Last edited by stokearab; 06-12-2017 at 11:26 PM. Reason: FTD always and forever

Oh dear

A greater indignity than losing a manager to sevco - I think they might lose to funsters tomorrow

Not having a manager or assistant in work can’t be helping them

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)