+ Visit West Bromwich Albion FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: First time for 3 years

First time for 3 years

My son is going to join me on a trip to the match, he has finished his University course.
    Looking forward to it.

Congratulations to your lad Dave, here's hoping the lads can pull out a winning result.

COYB .

Quote Originally Posted by BaggiefromStafford View Post
    My son is going to join me on a trip to the match, he has finished his University course.
    Looking forward to it.
    The lengths some people will go to to avoid watching a Pulis outfit.

Quote Originally Posted by holmleighchris View Post
    The lengths some people will go to to avoid watching a Pulis outfit.
    Can't blame him.

My son returned home today after a self imposed four months away from home.

He took himself off into rehab having finally come to the realisation he was an addict.

I'm as proud of him today as I would've been if he'd returned with a first from university.

It's woken me up to the fact that there are many ways in which to quantify "success" in life.

Him and I have had a very difficult relationship for a lot of his life but the last four months have been as elightening to me as they have to him in so many ways and I'm thankful for that.

The "father/son" relationship is never a half way house,it's always seems to be fantastic or awful,I was lucky that with my own dad I was incredibly close.

The best of luck to your lad Dave,enjoy your day.

Quote Originally Posted by mickd1961 View Post

He took himself off into rehab having finally come to the realisation he was an addict.

I'm as proud of him today as I would've been if he'd returned with a first from university.

It's woken me up to the fact that there are many ways in which to quantify "success" in life.

Him and I have had a very difficult relationship for a lot of his life but the last four months have been as elightening to me as they have to him in so many ways and I'm thankful for that.

The "father/son" relationship is never a half way house,it's always seems to be fantastic or awful,I was lucky that with my own dad I was incredibly close.

Thanks for thr best wishes Mick.

Not good to hear about your son's problems, but I really hope he is on the mend and the future is bright.

All the best Dave.

Quote Originally Posted by BaggiefromStafford View Post
    Looking forward to it.
    Good news about your son and well done to him. Will look out for you up the match.

So pleased about your son Mick. I met an old school friend a couple of years ago,hadn't seen him for about 30 years. He had been working in Amsterdam and got hooked on drugs. He kept a job down,but lost his wife to drugs. He's come back home and been clean for 3 years.

Sorry to hear of your problems Mick.
    I can understand where you are coming from. It's all about personality, i love my family dearly, but at times it might seem to them as well as others, that i am distant, flippant, even arrogant. I never intend being like that, it's just the way i am, some men can put their arms around their sons and tell them how much they love them.
    I have always struggled with showing emotion.
    It's really scared of being hurt i reckon,

Firstly I hope you and son had a good afternoon BFS buddy. Vine beforehand / afterwards ? It must be several years since we met there !
    Mick...best wishes with your lad’s rehab. I’m sure he’s aware of your support irrespective of family fallouts.
    My 2 lads (and their families) are in Australia and Canada so different issues for me.
    It’s all part of family life !!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)