+ Visit Newcastle United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Second bid reported

Quote Originally Posted by Zippity View Post
    Put simply, if Ashley stays, we will go down again and be fucked like the mackems.
    without a doubt, probably even worse than the mackems - which is saying something like

I'm actually starting to think that if he doesn't sell before Christmas then we're fucked. Our value will go down the further down the league we fall because the prospect of another relegation will loom larger and larger and Staveley's bunch will get cold feet.

I'm actually starting to think that if he doesn't sell before Christmas then we're fucked. Our value will go down the further down the league we fall because the prospect of another relegation will loom larger and larger and Staveley's bunch will get cold feet.
    yep or maybe they would wait for the relegation and get the club at a fraction of what they would need to pay now - and use some of the money saved to bring us back up - hopefully

Ah, but I don't think Ashley would sell at a much lower price.

He'll never get a better chance to get rid of us.

Ah, but I don't think Ashley would sell at a much lower price.

He'll never get a better chance to get rid of us.
    I think he might, because he wou;ld have to spend another fortune to stop us dropping again, and he wouldn't want to. every drop decreases the value. [I] don't think he would gamble again. = it costs him too much

Despite what his supporters say, Ashley is a fucking idiot.

Never mind the lack of investment leading to TWO relegations, Joe kinnear, etc....the fact that HMRC are after us under his watch, the due diligence he didn't do and...ah, well, the list goes on...makes me believe that he could easily turn down this reported second bid.

Despite what his supporters say, Ashley is a fucking idiot.

Never mind the lack of investment leading to TWO relegations, Joe kinnear, etc....the fact that HMRC are after us under his watch, the due diligence he didn't do and...ah, well, the list goes on...makes me believe that he could easily turn down this reported second bid.
    I agree he IS an IDIOT, a loose cannon and a law unto himself - but not in a good way

It will be decided before Jan 1st one way or another, I reckon. If she walks, no one else will pay more.

If....scratch that.... WHEN we have an awful December and we are in the relegation zone odds on to go doon without £50m+ investment in January, he might snatch the £300m, assuming she leaves it on the table.

The risk is that she get the (ahem) hump and walks away before then. But if we keep losing (shouldn't be too hard) and relegation grows from being a risk to a virtual certainty, I hope the Fat Pig bails.
    Last edited by trinitoon; 03-12-2017 at 10:35 AM.

Ashley is a gambler with a ferk you attitude towards all who cross him. he would love nothing more than to drag this on and watch us suffer. the money he has tied up in nufc is a very small part if his fortune and if he loses half of it on another gamble, I don't think he'd lose any sleep.

my mate is close to some involved in the deal and he remains confident, I don't.

Quote Originally Posted by toonlegend View Post
    I think he might, because he wou;ld have to spend another fortune to stop us dropping again, and he wouldn't want to. every drop decreases the value. [I] don't think he would gamble again. = it costs him too much
    Wasn't he prepared to take £140 million following the first relegation to get out of it.

Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)