+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Anyone else surprised?

Anyone else surprised?

I anyone else as surprised as I am about the number of clubs supposedly linked with Robson?

I know he is only young and I am loath to criticise one of our young players but I genuinely have not seen enough from him to suggest he is capable of playing at a higher level. Having said that I wish he was not out of contract in summer as it seems there are some teams that would pay a bit of cash for him and he clearly is pretty happy to leave judging by earlier comments he made. Development compensation is only decent if its getting paid to Sevco.....

Have to admit to being baffled by this too. He has a long way to go before he can play at a higher level than we’re currently at.

I actually think he’s fortunate to have played so many games for us. It’s clear Scobbie was signed to play left back but got injured. During that period Edge’s form dropped off the edge of a cliff and Quinn’s had health problems which has benefitted Robson in keeping his jersey.

Quote Originally Posted by Daly9 View Post
    Have to admit to being baffled by this too. He has a long way to go before he can play at a higher level than we’re currently at.

I actually think he’s fortunate to have played so many games for us. It’s clear Scobbie was signed to play left back but got injured. During that period Edge’s form dropped off the edge of a cliff and Quinn’s had health problems which has benefitted Robson in keeping his jersey.
    Not surprised at all.

The lad is 19 and is keeping his place on merit and quite rightly alerting scouts of the highest level in the UK. Believe he likes a party or 2 and wonder what he might be like if more effort went in to his job.

Quote Originally Posted by Chick A Saw View Post
    Not surprised at all.

The lad is 19 and is keeping his place on merit and quite rightly alerting scouts of the highest level in the UK. Believe he likes a party or 2 and wonder what he might be like if more effort went in to his job.
    He's playing in the worst league we've played in for a long time against certain teams who aren't even full-time. Its a bit baffling tbh. Everyone can see he's not very good defensively. Andy was the same and now he can't get into the Liverpool team because of it yet Robson is a million miles away from the player Andy was when he was with us.

Quote Originally Posted by tHeArAb View Post
    He's playing in the worst league we've played in for a long time against certain teams who aren't even full-time. Its a bit baffling tbh. Everyone can see he's not very good defensively. Andy was the same and now he can't get into the Liverpool team because of it yet Robson is a million miles away from the player Andy was when he was with us.
    Good post

Bad post. I'm with Chick post # 3.

There's definitely a player there. Lots to learn but plenty time on his side.

I hadn’t been hugely impressed by him tbh until the Falkirk game where he was excellent. If he continues performing like that regularly then I could understand a clamour for his signature.

In the back of my mind though I’m recalling him getting an affy tough time from the Cowdenbeath winger at the start of the season...

A-rob is on a different planet in terms of comparing them. He’s now trying to get a game in a top 6 side, not an easy feat as he’s finding out...

He is good and has decent potential, still a bit surprising, not like he is as good as Barry Douglas was here (who was needlessly and foolishly much maligned by some fans)

Douglas though has progressed and proven people wrong, maybe Robson will surprise us, personally of we are serious about promotion this season he must stay

Agree, he’s got youth and energy to get up and down the line for 90 minutes - Scobbie looks settled at CH, think we’d need a replacement LB if Robson was to go in January

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)