+ Visit Aston Villa FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Villa played today!

I think that Davis has been carrying a knock for some time mate. He’s passed several late fitness tests in recent weeks and has been a shadow of the wrecking ball that ate Norwich earlier in the season. Not the pace, power or mobility of September, mind you he never could hit a donkey’s ass with a banjo with regards scoring.
    He needs a break, but unfortunately for us, a half fit Davis is the only option open to us.
    I would love us to go all ‘funky’ with false No9s and the like, problem is ‘funky’ doesn’t work with hoofball or feeding the slowest left footed RW in the league the ball inside his own half.

I’m still convinced that we’ll go up tho, couldn’t care less about the style, twenty six more 1 nils will do for me.

Onwards & hoofing it Upwards

Didn't know about the injury. Every match lately they just seem to complain he seems jaded. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by stateside View Post
    Didn't know about the injury. Every match lately they just seem to complain he seems jaded. Thanks.
    I’d say playing whilst not 100% will cause strain to most other areas of the body, resulting in him looking jaded. In September he was smashing everything and everyone, now he kind of lumbers around in a jaded manner. If Davis is not still carrying that knock (the Wolves and noses games he started having these late fitness tests) and is NOT jaded, then he’s out of form and should be dropped. But alas SB hasn’t trusted O’Hara or McKirdy to start, both of whom are as inexperienced as Davis. Strange one aint it?
    So which one is it? Injured, Jaded or out of form, OR all 3?

I think Bruce trusts O Hare, but as an attacking midfielder, not someone to lead the line. I agree with him on that. The good news is that Hogan and Gabby are getting fit so can take over on the hour mark tomorrow if Davis is fading. He

Well Bruce got it wrong big time against Millwall. The fans are screaming for three weeks that Hourihane, Davis and Onomah are fading and need to be rested. Then he gets lucky with Lansbury and Grealish hitting form as subs against Leeds and saving a point. He then gets Hogan back, so the obvious line up was to drop Hourihane and Onomah and start Lansbury and Grealish, then sub in Hogan on the hour.
    But, he only uses Lansbury, figuring he will unleash Grealish in the second half. After that sub, for some reason Hutton was withdrawn, I'm not sure if he was knackered or injured, but he was playing brilliantly again. Finally he had Hogan ready to go and Samba goes down injured.
    So now we go into the next game with Hogan getting no match time once again and Davis looking worse by the minute, yet he will probably have to start again the next game.

Wow, almost word for word as my family’s sentiments Statesie, apart from Hutton. My family who were in the Trinity, and were champions of Hutton’s recent unHutton like form, have said that Hutts has reverted to his ‘factory settings’ and was shocking. The rest is a bloody spooky coincidence regarding the analysis and turn of phrase.

Quote Originally Posted by Exiledvillan View Post
    Wow, almost word for word as my family’s sentiments Statesie, apart from Hutton. My family who were in the Trinity, and were champions of Hutton’s recent unHutton like form, have said that Hutts has reverted to his ‘factory settings’ and was shocking. The rest is a bloody spooky coincidence regarding the analysis and turn of phrase.
    I will bow to there opinion, as the fact is I was watching on a tiny IPhone 6 on a stream that stopped every 6 seconds all while installing a room of carpet. However, many were saying how good he was, some saying best of our outfield players.

The rest, you didn't need to watch the game to figure out he screwed it up

Maybe, but using faded instead of jaded re.Hourihane and Davis and faded instead of down right sh1t for Onomah. Then Bruce got lucky regards Lansbury and Jack, and Hogan needing some playing time followed by Davis looking worse by the minute are word for word in my sister’s ‘in match text messages’. I think the poetic ‘unleash Grealish’ text at half time did it for me this morning when I read your post.

Maybe she was texting you as well?
    You auld dog

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)