+ Visit Newcastle United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: will be interesting to see

How anyone can say Rafaīs had enough money to spend on players is mind blowing. His first, second and sometimes third choice buys at the start of this season werenīt signed because of a lack of funds.

Some people live in a dream land and itīs easy to see why we get labelled as delluded.

Quote Originally Posted by toptoon View Post
    How anyone can say Rafaīs had enough money to spend on players is mind blowing. His first, second and sometimes third choice buys at the start of this season werenīt signed because of a lack of funds.

Some people live in a dream land and itīs easy to see why we get labelled as delluded.
    That's a very good point about how far down the list the players Rafa has bought were.

Quote Originally Posted by Zippity View Post
    That's a very good point about how far down the list the players Rafa has bought were.
    Joselu. . .

He wasn't even on the original list from what i recall the general rumour/feeling at the time.

Quote Originally Posted by Jammy89 View Post
    Joselu. . .

He wasn't even on the original list from what i recall the general rumour/feeling at the time.
    Anyone fancy suggesting the name of a list Joselu might have been on....?

he'd be lucky to make Schindlers list!!!

Santa's naughty list ?

Quote Originally Posted by toptoon View Post

what a joke
    how do you know where they were on rafas list
    are you saying the likes of gayle etc were further down the list

i remeber many tossing themselves of over joselwho when he first came

he has eithe found his form or been pardewesd by rafa

as has gayle and 95%of all his signins

if he was such a great manager why
    A either buy them in the first place is joselwho better than gayel or misterrick
    b if they are his players from his contacts ,how come he hasnt turned them into better players

truth is he is clueless with no plan and out of touch with the modern game
    this was highlighted dramatically at his last job,if he couldnt get proper world class payers to play in a two horse race how will he do in the prem with budget players ..
    well we have found out
    5hite and unable to turn it around

Quote Originally Posted by pboromag View Post
    what a joke
    how do you know where they were on rafas list
    are you saying the likes of gayle etc were further down the list

i remeber many tossing themselves of over joselwho when he first came

he has eithe found his form or been pardewesd by rafa

as has gayle and 95%of all his signins

if he was such a great manager why
    A either buy them in the first place is joselwho better than gayel or misterrick
    b if they are his players from his contacts ,how come he hasnt turned them into better players

truth is he is clueless with no plan and out of touch with the modern game
    this was highlighted dramatically at his last job,if he couldnt get proper world class payers to play in a two horse race how will he do in the prem with budget players ..
    well we have found out
    5hite and unable to turn it around
    So Zidane is also shoite as they are further behind Barca than when Benitez was there.Some people such as yourself think Benitez is not a good manager because he can't work miracles with Ashley's penny pinching.We are doing ok considering the let down of the last transfer window.A good striker and playmaker in January and we will be back to winning ways.Before the last three games we were only losing by the odd goal never getting thumped like some teams in the Prem,that is a sign of building from the back as all good managers do.We were only the second team to score at Old Trafford this season and not many go to Chelsea and take the lead against the Champions.The difference in spending between the Toon and Chelsea,Man U Citeh etc is immense.

Quote Originally Posted by sherwoodmag View Post
    So Zidane is also shoite as they are further behind Barca than when Benitez was there.Some people such as yourself think Benitez is not a good manager because he can't work miracles with Ashley's penny pinching.We are doing ok considering the let down of the last transfer window.A good striker and playmaker in January and we will be back to winning ways.Before the last three games we were only losing by the odd goal never getting thumped like some teams in the Prem,that is a sign of building from the back as all good managers do.We were only the second team to score at Old Trafford this season and not many go to Chelsea and take the lead against the Champions.The difference in spending between the Toon and Chelsea,Man U Citeh etc is immense.
    Nobody's got any qualms about Rafa having no chance to compete against those teams you mention and taking the lead against them is neither here nor there.
    Even the money bags teams make mistakes.
    Rafa is paid top rate. He's about the 6th best paid manager in the premier league.

He's managed to park the bus on many occasions and escaped with results on some of them.
    Go and look at how fortunate we've been in those games.

The issue is very simple.
    He's paid a fortune to manage and the team is virtually his team and even squad.
    He's been allowed to do what most managers cannot do and that's run the show on the playing side.

But now he's working on a pittance?
    Absolute garbage.
    He's working on a budget and that budget has been Ģ125 million in 2 seasons.

That's not pennies and it's not championship excuses for money spent.
    He had the chance to buy the correct players and didn't do it.

If he lost out on targets it's because of matters out of his and the clubs hands...not an unwillingness to spend, in my opinion.

12 million on Murphy and 10 on LeJeune and 6 on a keeper that was placed on high wages. And so on.
    He chose Joselu and I even backed him at the time.
    I thought, ahhh well, if Rafa's buying him he must see something and he must know what the set up's going to be, etc.

I just went along with it all because I mistakenly believed we had a world class manager to take us forward.
    I reckon you could hand Rafa 10 billion and he'd still turn out a dire performing team for 90% of the season and likely finish in the top 6 and class it as a success.

Ok I'm going overboard again but I don't rate the man on the terms he's on.
    I rate him as I rate many other once decent managers.

I don't particularly like him but I'll tolerate him and hope, whilst he's here, that he buys what we need and not what he fancies and then plays to the strengths of what we need, which is needing a decent striker that begs to be serviced (and no I don't mean bummed regularly in the showers).

Plus we need a really clever number 10 to compliment.

The rest can be sorted into their real strengths.

Because I'm going to tell you right now, boppers. Rafa may be moving around without much resistance to him but if he messes up any more then he's going to have to face the consequences,
    Here's a little song just so he understands if he messes it all up.

Quote Originally Posted by ghostrider View Post
    Nobody's got any qualms about Rafa having no chance to compete against those teams you mention and taking the lead against them is neither here nor there.
    Even the money bags teams make mistakes.
    Rafa is paid top rate. He's about the 6th best paid manager in the premier league.

He's managed to park the bus on many occasions and escaped with results on some of them.
    Go and look at how fortunate we've been in those games.

The issue is very simple.
    He's paid a fortune to manage and the team is virtually his team and even squad.
    He's been allowed to do what most managers cannot do and that's run the show on the playing side.

But now he's working on a pittance?
    Absolute garbage.
    He's working on a budget and that budget has been Ģ125 million in 2 seasons.

That's not pennies and it's not championship excuses for money spent.
    He had the chance to buy the correct players and didn't do it.

If he lost out on targets it's because of matters out of his and the clubs hands...not an unwillingness to spend, in my opinion.

12 million on Murphy and 10 on LeJeune and 6 on a keeper that was placed on high wages. And so on.
    He chose Joselu and I even backed him at the time.
    I thought, ahhh well, if Rafa's buying him he must see something and he must know what the set up's going to be, etc.

I just went along with it all because I mistakenly believed we had a world class manager to take us forward.
    I reckon you could hand Rafa 10 billion and he'd still turn out a dire performing team for 90% of the season and likely finish in the top 6 and class it as a success.

Ok I'm going overboard again but I don't rate the man on the terms he's on.
    I rate him as I rate many other once decent managers.

I don't particularly like him but I'll tolerate him and hope, whilst he's here, that he buys what we need and not what he fancies and then plays to the strengths of what we need, which is needing a decent striker that begs to be serviced (and no I don't mean bummed regularly in the showers).

Plus we need a really clever number 10 to compliment.

The rest can be sorted into their real strengths.

Because I'm going to tell you right now, boppers. Rafa may be moving around without much resistance to him but if he messes up any more then he's going to have to face the consequences,
    Here's a little song just so he understands if he messes it all up.

Happy f*ckin' Larry again, thanks for your wisdom Ghostboro.

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)