+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Match thread vs. Oxford City FAC2

So 20 minutes in and its hard to know who the league team is, Oxford look a decent little team, and I have also seen that Stead will not get a free kick in this game... seems to be falling over quite a lot already

1-0 Notts / Duffy... sloppy goal but I will take it

Disappointing so far. The longer you allow teams of Oxford's status to stay in the game, the more likely is an upset. Hopefully, Nolan can run his eye over their performance and set out to undo them after half time. Notts need the revenue generated by a decent 3rd round tie probably even more than Oxford City.
    EDIT: 1-0. Perfect. 'Noses in front' is all that matters.

Good time to score, slightly against the run of play.

Stead also unlucky with the volley.

Quote Originally Posted by CmonU***yStylishPies View Post
    Good time to score, slightly against the run of play.

Stead also unlucky with the volley.
    That was a cracking effort from Stead... hopefully put this to bed early in the second half

I know it's good to have a settled team, but an easy game is being made hard-going by team selection and approach.
    It shows that we have a defender in midfield and midfielder in attack. I think that picking Milsom and Forte would have made for a more watchable game.

Anyway, we could get 3 or 4 more next half. Oxlade and Sinclair look OK for them, but they look completely harmless apart from that.

Quote Originally Posted by the_anticlough View Post
    I know it's good to have a settled team, but an easy game is being made hard-going by team selection and approach.
    It shows that we have a defender in midfield and midfielder in attack. I think that picking Milsom and Forte would have made for a more watchable game.

Anyway, we could get 3 or 4 more next half. Oxlade and Sinclair look OK for them, but they look completely harmless apart from that.
    I'd argue that both Milsom and Forte are better than Hewitt and Allessandra anyway. Also as you point out the latter are both out of position. So it seems strange how Milsom and Forte are being left out. Milsom has been decent when I've seen him and whilst Forte doesn't offer a great deal he does score and is a constant threat.
    Last edited by CmonUSexyStylishPies; 02-12-2017 at 01:41 PM.

Oh dear god Stead hits the post and they go downfield and score... this could be nasty

Ball sacks.

Pen for Notts!!! Martin Allen's nephew conceded it

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast