+ Visit Sheffield United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Would you pick Blackman?

Would you pick Blackman?

I can't help but think (and I hope I'm wrong) that Blackman has another error in him that might cost us.

It was quite a big call by Wilder to put him back in after Moore played against Hull, albeit after Moore didn't look all that convincing. I thought Blackman was to blame for the goal against Birmingham - if he gets his hand to it he should save it - and without any glaring errors against Fulham he's let in five and not made a save. Before that he was at fault for the goal at QPR.

I was at the Brentford game first game of the season and Blackman was a big part of why we won that day and made some outstanding saves. But from what I've seen and heard about him since I don't think he's going to be number one for the rest of the season. While his kicking has improved and he's developed more of an understanding with the back three I'd be interested to see his shots on target - saves ratio. I can't remember him making a save of note for a while now.

Again I hope I'm wrong but expecting a tight game today and he worries me...

Trust in Wilder and keep your powder dry.

Quote Originally Posted by tridellaswasclass View Post
    I can't help but think (and I hope I'm wrong) that Blackman has another error in him that might cost us.

It was quite a big call by Wilder to put him back in after Moore played against Hull, albeit after Moore didn't look all that convincing. I thought Blackman was to blame for the goal against Birmingham - if he gets his hand to it he should save it - and without any glaring errors against Fulham he's let in five and not made a save. Before that he was at fault for the goal at QPR.

I was at the Brentford game first game of the season and Blackman was a big part of why we won that day and made some outstanding saves. But from what I've seen and heard about him since I don't think he's going to be number one for the rest of the season. While his kicking has improved and he's developed more of an understanding with the back three I'd be interested to see his shots on target - saves ratio. I can't remember him making a save of note for a while now.

Again I hope I'm wrong but expecting a tight game today and he worries me...
    Spends most of his time during a game picking the ball out of the net

Get CCV to knobble him again.

Moore back in against Brizzle on Friday please. While we're at it, and providing Baldock is fit, CCV dropped, Bash in back 3 with JOC & JW.

Quote Originally Posted by U-F-O View Post
    Moore back in against Brizzle on Friday please. While we're at it, and providing Baldock is fit, CCV dropped, Bash in back 3 with JOC & JW.
    Read my mind. In fact I'd move Basham to centre half even if Baldock isn't available and put CCV at wing back.

i would go along with that bash needs to go back to rcb thats his position these days imo got a feeling baldock will be back friday and i would give samir a run give duffy a break

Quote Originally Posted by shorehamoldboy View Post
    i would go along with that bash needs to go back to rcb thats his position these days imo got a feeling baldock will be back friday and i would give samir a run give duffy a break
    i like that.

I wouldn’t pick him. Prefare Moore myself.