+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Bristol Rovers Post Match Thoughts

Quote Originally Posted by gwru View Post
    Side he had out. Rodak & Cummings weren't good last week. Potter & Frecks there best days are behind them. Newell not a player you want in a battle. Keep saying it time for Wiles & Bailey-King. Warney hasn't got the b*lls to tell certain players it's the end of the road. Time to get someone in who will.
    Looks like you are going to get your wish, with JCH starting next match... and why not Wiles too? At least he isn't crocked (well, not yet anyway). I suppose Warney might go 4-5-1 with David Ball upfront on his own, but surely he wouldn't be that clueless?
    Last edited by mikemiller; 02-12-2017 at 06:03 PM.

We can't play 4-4-2. We haven't got the legs in midfield. Full backs & wide men don't support each other. If I couldn't pick a better side than the one Warney put out today I'll go carol singing tonight & you wouldn't want that.

Quote Originally Posted by mikemiller View Post
    Looks like you are going to get your wish, with JCH starting next match... and why not Wiles too? At least he isn't crocked (well, not yet anyway). I suppose Warney might go 4-5-1 with David Ball upfront on his own, but surely he wouldn't be that clueless?

Oh yes he would.

Going to be 4-5-1 with Ball on his own.

Where do we start ? Potter injured once again.
    First half was poor, one long range effort from Vaulks which went wide. They could have been 2/3 nil up at half-time.
    We go in front & then do our usual trick.
    Ajayi and Icky worked hard covering, midfield was poor, and full backs were average. Rodak looks to have lost confidence in fact most of them seem to have lost confidence.
    More of the same at Blackpool methinks.

Highlight of the day....sat next to Kieffer Moore's girlfriend 2nd half WOW
    Absolutely gorgeous lass, lucky Kieffer.
    Last edited by Casper64Frank; 02-12-2017 at 11:33 PM.

He will be able to sit next to her himself next week.

To paraphrase the classic rental car scene from Seinfeld, "Rotherham United know how to take the lead, they just don't know how to hold the lead". If PW doesn't see what everyone on here does about us needing some basic defensive coaching then he's in the wrong job. I've not seen a single game but I can read a league/form table.

Quote Originally Posted by CAMiller View Post
    To paraphrase the classic rental car scene from Seinfeld, "Rotherham United know how to take the lead, they just don't know how to hold the lead". If PW doesn't see what everyone on here does about us needing some basic defensive coaching then he's in the wrong job. I've not seen a single game but I can read a league/form table.
    He may know what he wants although he wont say publicly. However knowing what you want and getting what you want are entirely two different things in football.

Yes Grist, you re correct he will be able to sit next to his girlfriend for a few games.....lucky beggar.
    Last edited by Casper64Frank; 03-12-2017 at 07:04 AM.

Glad it wasn't all bad then Caspy. Bet the pies were crap though.

Thought Ajayi and Ihekwe looked fairly comfortable first half, apart from allowing a couple of free headers - not sure who's man had them.

Soon as they scored you could feel the confidence drain.

Pies had Rovers logos on. Mine was decent enough other than that!

The thing is, and I've calmed down now. Is we are so vulnerable to crosses into the box from either flank. The crosses come in so easily an the central pairings no matter who it is are useless. Yet warne is still sits or stands there with his cup of coffee unmovable, same as lumphammer. The whole team were horrendous yesterday, a feel for any keeper playing behind that back 4, but Rodak is arguably the worst keeper I've seen in a millers top since steve cherry, kicking awful etc etc. I how must O'Donnell feel being dropped for no reason for that. On a positive note, why is will vaulkes not starting every week 100% committed an a tryer.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast