+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What now PH

What now PH

That's,4 on bounce were sinking like a lead weight

What now? Make some changes and go again.

Only guaranteed starter in midfield for me is Williams. Maybe Bird and Mallan to get a go. We need Isgrove fit. Keep McCarthy in. Who's the best partner for Lindsay? Who's the best l/back Yiadom or Fryers or AN Other?

451 only works with a dynamo midfield - it's the midfield that's gone AWOL at the moment. Get midfield right first and the rest will follow.

One that can go for me is Moncur. He has talent but badly let down by temperament - I don't see any BFC DNA in him and that's what's needed now.

Hecky will get there, but it won't be without pain.

Have a long chat Hecky with the likes of Mcarthy and Winnie , tha needs help lad , nobody wants to see you leave or be sacked , but tha too stubborn at times to see what could happen ,

another left back could be Ben Williams from u 23's consistent player and could give first teamers a kick up the backside

Squads not strong enough , too many similar players in midfield , not enough options up front , weak at the back and no leader on the pitch , preferably a strong midfielder.

Not many options to change things as those on the sidelines are not much different and also Hecky seems to becoming too stubborn in some respects . We’re on a bad run and he’s not got much he can change .

McBurnie deal falling through hurt us

And like Animal said young players with shot confidence is hard to coach when they’re out on the pitch .

What now ?.
    Well he/Hecky should stop a*rseing about with our formation and stick with something more consistent. This is pathetic that he keeps making changes from one game to the next and no players can learn anything from this and get any sort of form going can they ?.
    He should also pick players who are in form and play them in their correct positions, and heres the biggest bug for me, hes got to stop the negative 0-0 looking 1 up front formation. We dont have the strikers who are used to this role, so it means the best hope for goals is from pens and set pieces only.

For me relegation is a certainty at the moment because of all those things, and thats the way we are heading unless certain changes are made in mentality. Drop the 'plan' thing and bring in some experienced players who are near the 30 age bracket, that not too old and they surely can do a job at this level when our kids are struggling for form and confidence.

He doesn’t keep arsing about with formations , pretty much consistent with how he sets up

Bradshaws always played as a lone striker

Hecky carries on as normal. Did we expect owt else this season? We're spending a high end lg1 budget on novice young players and hoping to compete in the Championship. We've done ok imo.

Quote Originally Posted by EastStandRed View Post
    He doesn’t keep arsing about with formations , pretty much consistent with how he sets up

Bradshaws always played as a lone striker

Bradshaw has also scored 9 goals so far this season in this role, in a struggling team. Not bad at all that

In a 451 formation you need the midfielders to be scoring too and that's not happening often enough. Hammill wont get another goal until he's moved back to left wing. Moncur/Williams might get the occasional wonder goal, but that's about it. Potts makes some good runs into the box, but nobody ever spots him. Barnes/Hedges are the only ones who look sharp enough to get us goals from midfield.
    Until we manage to score at least 2 in a game,we're gonna lose, cos the back four and keeper are all at sixes and sevens.

I still think we'll stay up, but I'd be surprised if there weren't some new faces brought in in January. Fingers crossed, eh?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast