+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: What now PH

Quote Originally Posted by EastStandRed View Post
    He doesn’t keep arsing about with formations , pretty much consistent with how he sets up. Bradshaws always played as a lone striker
    So your happy that he keeps ars*eing about with the formation during the matches, and most of the time it happens at half time as well because the first half has been so dire with 1 up front. This offers us two things... NO consitency and absolute relegation guaranteed. Surely you or anybody else on here cant be happy with this and you want something better.
    And whether Bradders has always done the 1 up front thing in his career, hes never been in the situation where he leads the line and is our main hope for goals in what is a squad full of untried and untested and mostly not good enough kids. Ohh and its in the much harder Champship rather than Lg One where he played with Walsall.

Quote Originally Posted by Acido View Post
    So your happy that he keeps ars*eing about with the formation during the matches, and most of the time it happens at half time as well because the first half has been so dire with 1 up front. This offers us two things... NO consitency and absolute relegation guaranteed. Surely you or anybody else on here cant be happy with this and you want something better.
    And whether Bradders has always done the 1 up front thing in his career, hes never been in the situation where he leads the line and is our main hope for goals in what is a squad full of untried and untested and mostly not good enough kids. Ohh and its in the much harder Champship rather than Lg One where he played with Walsall.

If he left it alone whilst we were struggling to get into a game you'd only criticise him for not changing things .

We haven't the players to play two up front , we'd have less points than what we have now .

We had something better , the powers that be sold them all or let them leave , I wouldn't have thought Hecky wanted to lose anyone .

Gave him £6m and an age restriction to replace em .

Happy about it you say , no not really but we are where most of us thought we'd be , over achieving in my case .

No I posted on here recently that while I hate the negative 1 up front thing, I was coming round to the idea of it because the players needed something consistent to build on. And I would have accepted it if he'd stuck with it through thick and even more thick.
    (yes its utter negative sh*oite of course, but changing it every single time during matches when its not working doesnt help in the long run does it.)

This is the reason why he/Hecky and the rest of us still DONT know our best formation and starting 11, even after all this time. Now whether its him or the people who are allegedly pulling all of his strings, but somebody has got to answer for this havent they ?.
    Sell our best players, and replace them with untried and unknown and moslty rubbish kids, and expect to stay up in the Champship ?... they want their heads testing.
    Last edited by Acido; 04-12-2017 at 11:57 PM.

No I posted on here recently that while I hate the negative 1 up front thing, I was coming round to the idea of it because the players needed something consistent to build on. And I would have accepted it if he'd stuck with it through thick and even more thick.
    (yes its utter negative sh*oite of course, but changing it every single time during matches when its not working doesnt help in the long run does it.)

This is the reason why he/Hecky and the rest of us still DONT know our best formation and starting 11, even after all this time. Now whether its him or the people who are allegedly pulling all of his strings, but somebody has got to answer for this havent they ?.
    Sell our best players, and replace them with untried and unknown and moslty rubbish kids, and expect to stay up in the Champship ?... they want their heads testing.
    These sports scientists have much to do with why clubs rotate players and it's got in coaches heads .

There's no team I've watched down at Oakwell in 50 years that played the game at the tempo the 96/97 team did and nobody was rested , we played 46 games just as we do now and Wilko , Redders , Hendrie and Thommo were all knocking on in years .

That said we have quantity over quality in my opinion , he doesn't know his best side because it's likely we don't actually have one that he considers good enough .

Reminds of the time Machin sold Tiler and Agnew and built a very average team with the proceeds , Bishop , Graham , Williams and Whitehead .

Goodness me Animal, I dont want to keep sounding like a miserable git on here but I could go on at length about what marvellous Mel did or rather didnt do with us in 1991.
    We gained about £2mill that summer didnt we from the sales of Tiler & Agnew, and sadly he ballsed up what could have been a real challenge for the first ever Premship season, by signing about 6 players who werent good enough. And whats worse is he chose to play them all at the same time at the start of '91-92, and that for me was the start of Mel's downfall.

You talk about tempo and the need for it and the lack of it in our matches, well for me we should always try to do this and stick with our best 11. And barring injuries or suspensions or obvious loss of form, I hate the so called squad rotation thing and we dont need to do this nonsense do we if things are working ok.
    Last edited by Acido; 05-12-2017 at 01:27 AM.

I’ve said I don’t think he does keeps arsein g about with formations, most coaches change tactics during the second half though. Put an extra man up front or strengthen the back four or midfield depending on how the games going , but when Hecky does it he’s arseing about .

Bradshaws been our main striker for the past year in the Championship.

Just out of interest what team would you pick Acido ? Remember you have to stick with it though for the next few games and you can’t change anything second half if we’re getting beat

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12