+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Next Please!

Newcastle United at Home be a great tie

We need a bigger but dysfunctional club who will give us a big crowd and a chance of beating them. Rotherham would've been good. Barnsley would be ok. Are Chesterfield still in it? One of the top six or seven in the Prem who would put a youth team out perhaps.

Quote Originally Posted by keldsyke View Post
    I don’t think you’re going to get 60,000 with Notts being the opposition, they are no draw for Premier League supporters perhaps half that.
    I had free tickets to see Man Utd v Barnet a few years back for a night match in the league cup and there was over 43,000 there. I think there could easily be 60,000 for a Saturday match

or what about Cardiff City at home, see Neil Warnock back in the dugout at Meadow Lane

Guiseley at home would be nice

Quote Originally Posted by Davy500 View Post
    or what about Cardiff City at home, see Neil Warnock back in the dugout at Meadow Lane
    Warnock was there yesterday, think he was working for BT Sport doing on the pitch interview at half-time.....

Leicester, Derby or Everton at home........Don't want Florist thanks very much....

Quote Originally Posted by Davy500 View Post
    Newcastle United at Home be a great tie
    A good shout for Newcastle. The other Magpies and also with the Nolan, Ameobi and Smith connection.

Plus our paths have not passed for 24 years so we are due a game. Although I'd like a trip to St James Park.

Quote Originally Posted by MAD_MAGPIE View Post
    A good shout for Newcastle. The other Magpies and also with the Nolan, Ameobi and Smith connection.

Plus our paths have not passed for 24 years so we are due a game. Although I'd like a trip to St James Park.
    I think if it was at Meadow Lane it would probably be a game for TV as well.

Quote Originally Posted by i961pie View Post
    Knowing our luck we will get someone like Stevenage away
    I rest my case, Brentford a bit better but not much. Forest get Arsenal, Stags get Warnock, Derby get Man Utd.
    and we get bloody Brentford.

Whoever we got, we would have been ignored due to Forest playing Arsenal. There will be a 56 page souvenir pull-out in the Red Rag for this one. Let's them get hammered by Arsenal and we can sneak through to the 4th round under the radar

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast