+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Next Please!

Next Please!

Phew we're through,hard earned but well deserved imo, so who do we fancy in the next round? do we go for an "easy" home draw or a money spinning away tie? for me it would be a money spinner that we stand an albeit small chance of a result or replay in, so it's got to be Derby away. I have never been to Pride Park, have we ever played there? & with a bit of luck they would get cocky & play their reserves in which case we would stand a chance.

Quote Originally Posted by ancientpie View Post
    Phew we're through,hard earned but well deserved imo, so who do we fancy in the next round? do we go for an "easy" home draw or a money spinning away tie? for me it would be a money spinner that we stand an albeit small chance of a result or replay in, so it's got to be Derby away. I have never been to Pride Park, have we ever played there? & with a bit of luck they would get cocky & play their reserves in which case we would stand a chance.

Scum at home please.

For Maximum cash and big day out, Spurs away. For big game with chance of getting through, Leeds or Derby at home. If we got Forest Yates and Grant wouldn’t be able to play would they?

I want us to focus on getting on Automatic promotion so I’d be happy for us to get out of this competition at the 3rd round stage so that it does not become a destraction.

So a big tie at home against Arsenal, Tottenham or Man Utd. Then get a replay so we can make as much money as possible. We’ve played Liverpool, Chelsea and Man City in cups in recent times.

I’ve not been to Goodison so Everton plus we’ve not come across Sam Allardyce since he left Notts.

Quote Originally Posted by MAD_MAGPIE View Post
    I want us to focus on getting on Automatic promotion so I’d be happy for us to get out of this competition at the 3rd round stage so that it does not become a destraction.

So a big tie at home against Arsenal, Tottenham or Man Utd. Then get a replay so we can make as much money as possible. We’ve played Liverpool, Chelsea and Man City in cups in recent times.

I’ve not been to Goodison so Everton plus we’ve not come across Sam Allardyce since he left Notts.
    Florist at home then a big club in the 4th round.

Quote Originally Posted by countygump View Post

^^^^ this....

Quote Originally Posted by countygump View Post
    What like Bradfudd ?

Quote Originally Posted by ancientpie View Post
    What like Bradfudd ?
    Yep that'd do nicely, with Stead scoring a hat trick to beat them.

Home against a team that would attraction Sky and a full house. A top 4 Prem team or Florist? Get the crowd in, get the Sky money, relax and play "who gives a phuck football". IF that could be achieved we (AH) may well be able to throw a few bob in and strengthen in January for a good strong push to the end of the season. As it stands I cannot see the arse falling out of this team, the spirit KN seems to have instilled looks pretty solid, so anything less than play-offs would be a shock.
    ££££££ loadsa £££££££ please.

A home tie against Mansfield, if only to show that we can actualy beat the bar-stewards when it matters...

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast