+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Very very poor

Very very poor

Can’t see where another point will come from. Today we were poor, against a team that if we’d have started with the team we ended with we’d have beaten. The introduction of Thiam made them wary at the back, and we looked like a threat. If that’s what two tame shots and a header effort from Bradshaw Counts as.
    Thiams introduction made them think more about defending, as they pretty much only had a few over hit forward passes from Lindsay and four Hammill crosses ( flying across the goal with no bu88er near) to deal with.
    Their second goal was a gift. Total melee....
    no stand out player at all today for me... perhaps McCarthy for some good inter lapped work with Hammill
    loads of cross field passes... no threat
    no threat until the final 15 minutes when Thiam made them defend. He’s looking sharper, yet not yet there.
    I’m not happy with Pearson and Davo for the first goal, and Pearsons poor clearance when under pressure just before the penalty when he could have cleared it and made a hash of it...( I’d like to see it on the telly to see if I’m right before criticising his performance).

If I was Mr Lee.... I’d be looking at another club. Why would he want a League One club?

I’ll stop short of calling for PH to go. But I do think he’ll be gone soon. By the end of January. If he’s in an untouchable position then we fans are going to have some real pain for the second half of the season.

And I’d keep him on the rolling year contract

Naeow give him 750k a year onna 3 year contract at leerst, iz wurthit intee ?
    Last edited by Romared; 02-12-2017 at 07:48 PM.

My thoughts from yesterday.
    How statistics can be misleading. If you just looked at the stats for this game, you would have thought that we battered them and were unlucky. 60% possession, 16 shots (6 on target) to their 9 (4).
    However, what I saw was a team lacking in confidence and lacking in quality all over the park. McCarthy put in a shift and was one of our better players. Pearson Ok, but a woeful attempt to clear the ball which led to their penalty. Lindsey Ok, but if you stick your leg out and don't get the ball their player is going to fall over it and get a penalty. I thought at the time that it was a penalty, and I have watched it 3 times since. It may have been harsh, but I can see why it was given.
    First goal, their right back just ghosted past Barnes and Yiadom to put in a low cross, Madine moves in front of centre half to score. Third goal their right back (best player on the pitch) runs past Yiadom who makes a pathetic attempt at a tackle, to score.
    Williams put a shift in, but gave the ball away quite a lot.
    Potts tries, but his brain isn't quick enough at this level.
    Moncur did a couple of things that opened up Bolton, but didn't do enough overall.
    Hammill looked burnt out.
    Barnes was poor.
    Bradshaw ran his socks off, won the penalty and scorded. Should have bagged another.
    Hecky's subs were strange. I can understand bringing Thiam on and taking Hammill off, but why not bring Hedges on at the same time to go on the wing instead of putting Potts out there?
    Thiam showed flashes, but I am not sure that he is the answer in a tough relegation battle.
    Fans are disgruntled. Some sat next to me walked out when the third goal went in to go to the pub in Manchester. Losing to Cardiff, where we were unlucky and deserved a draw is perhaps understandable, as is losing to Leeds, where we deserved nothing. However, to lose to teams around you (Reading and Bolton) in a relegation battle in the manner that we have, suggests that we are in big trouble. Yesterday I saw two teams that could easily get relegated. There are another 3 or 4 in that category, Burton, Birmingham, Sunderland and Hull. So 3 from 6. We need the teams below us to keep losing.

Agree with all that Nozzer

Quote Originally Posted by Nozzer1953 View Post
    My thoughts from yesterday.
    How statistics can be misleading. If you just looked at the stats for this game, you would have thought that we battered them and were unlucky. 60% possession, 16 shots (6 on target) to their 9 (4).
    However, what I saw was a team lacking in confidence and lacking in quality all over the park. McCarthy put in a shift and was one of our better players. Pearson Ok, but a woeful attempt to clear the ball which led to their penalty. Lindsey Ok, but if you stick your leg out and don't get the ball their player is going to fall over it and get a penalty. I thought at the time that it was a penalty, and I have watched it 3 times since. It may have been harsh, but I can see why it was given.
    First goal, their right back just ghosted past Barnes and Yiadom to put in a low cross, Madine moves in front of centre half to score. Third goal their right back (best player on the pitch) runs past Yiadom who makes a pathetic attempt at a tackle, to score.
    Williams put a shift in, but gave the ball away quite a lot.
    Potts tries, but his brain isn't quick enough at this level.
    Moncur did a couple of things that opened up Bolton, but didn't do enough overall.
    Hammill looked burnt out.
    Barnes was poor.
    Bradshaw ran his socks off, won the penalty and scorded. Should have bagged another.
    Hecky's subs were strange. I can understand bringing Thiam on and taking Hammill off, but why not bring Hedges on at the same time to go on the wing instead of putting Potts out there?
    Thiam showed flashes, but I am not sure that he is the answer in a tough relegation battle.
    Fans are disgruntled. Some sat next to me walked out when the third goal went in to go to the pub in Manchester. Losing to Cardiff, where we were unlucky and deserved a draw is perhaps understandable, as is losing to Leeds, where we deserved nothing. However, to lose to teams around you (Reading and Bolton) in a relegation battle in the manner that we have, suggests that we are in big trouble. Yesterday I saw two teams that could easily get relegated. There are another 3 or 4 in that category, Burton, Birmingham, Sunderland and Hull. So 3 from 6. We need the teams below us to keep losing.

On the money with that post Nozzer

Thanks to Jules and Nozzer for sharing their views from the stand. Always nice to get a first hand account, cheers fellas.

6 points better off and around mid table , Carnt see where next win will come just now , but then again we all say this don't we ? We could win the next 3 games !!! 30 pts mark at Xmas to give us a chance was what i thought ,looks like will evta settle fo 29 nar
    Last edited by Romared; 03-12-2017 at 06:58 PM.

Only thing im interested in now is the take over because under this regime it's a pretty sorry state of affairs.

There are funds available in january even if we aren't taken over. However, i'd sooner have Mr Lee's millions than the alternative.

I very much doubt someone off the spread sheet will keep us up.

Quote Originally Posted by Ponte_Steve24 View Post
    Only thing im interested in now is the take over because under this regime it's a pretty sorry state of affairs.

There are funds available in january even if we aren't taken over. However, i'd sooner have Mr Lee's millions than the alternative.

I very much doubt someone off the spread sheet will keep us up.

You think Lee will pump millions of his own money into the first team squad then ?

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast