+ Visit Leeds United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Looking like playoffs at best

Quote Originally Posted by WTF11 View Post
    Delusional, unless of course the opposition would like to co-operate?
    Nothing delusional about it, 2 wins off the top 6, we have a team capable of putting together a nice little winning streak - mid table finish more likely but finishing in top 6 is not fantasy at this point.

Will all posters with a positive outlook please make their way to the exit, there's nothing to see here, move along....thank you...

WTF how can you use the word 'delusional' here? We're in 8th place for goodness sakes! If we win a certain number of games we will finish in the top 6. We might do that, we might not. It's actually simply 'logical' to say we're 'in the running' for the top 6, given that the 'running' so far for a third of the season has put us in 8th.

And logic tells us that sometimes the opposition does co-operate, sometimes it doesn't. Which leaves us 'in the running', obviously!

Blimey, I'll bet your Christmas party is a barrel of laughs.....

We just have to stay in touching distance of the top 6 for now . There's always one team that comes from the pack and breaks into the top 6 late on . Let's hope this season it's us.

LOL..... Can't help himself.

Quote Originally Posted by Tichi1 View Post
    LOL..... Can't help himself.
    We will see at seasons end just how realistic my assessment is, compared to the delusional belief that we have a TEAM that is going to be competitive for a playoff place, without serious investment in January (and not some more scooping up of "hopefuls" from far and wide).

We will see at seasons end just how realistic my assessment is, compared to the delusional belief that we have a TEAM that is going to be competitive for a playoff place, without serious investment in January (and not some more scooping up of "hopefuls" from far and wide).
    But your point is that it's 'delusional' now. Not at the end of the season. Obviously, logically, we will all know how realistic your current assessment is then, because that's when all the evidence will be in. But we don't know now - just as we don't know that the other point of view is delusional.

This the sort of thing that gets you all the flak on here WTF - people make perfectly valid, measured points, and you then use a word like that in reply.

I've said it before - if you just go for a bit more measure in your language, then it wouldn't end up with people having a go in the way they do.

But on the other hand, you do liven things up and provoke discussion. Maybe you're a Footymad operative, on a mission to keep us all replying to you and your extreme views. Kind of a Gelderd End Donald Trump. Do you Tweet? Are you working with the Russians?

Quote Originally Posted by Jezleeds View Post
    But your point is that it's 'delusional' now. Not at the end of the season. Obviously, logically, we will all know how realistic your current assessment is then, because that's when all the evidence will be in. But we don't know now - just as we don't know that the other point of view is delusional.

This the sort of thing that gets you all the flak on here WTF - people make perfectly valid, measured points, and you then use a word like that in reply.

I've said it before - if you just go for a bit more measure in your language, then it wouldn't end up with people having a go in the way they do.

But on the other hand, you do liven things up and provoke discussion. Maybe you're a Footymad operative, on a mission to keep us all replying to you and your extreme views. Kind of a Gelderd End Donald Trump. Do you Tweet? Are you working with the Russians?
    I don't care what people think of the words and language I use ( although I promise I'm not a Footymad operative).

On the "delusional" front however, it's based on my assessment of the squad we have, as whole they are not playoff position material. If the club invest in January (as opposed to scooping up more "maybe"), who knows, maybe it wouldn't be so delusional after all 😉

But you don't have any logical evidence to back up the comment - it's just your assessment, as you say, but the facts say we're in 8th and need to be in 6th to be in the play-offs. If you'd just said you didn't agree, that would be different. Calling a logical argument delusional makes yours less powerful as a result.

I must admit, Trump is a genius at deflecting attention away from his apparent lack of ability as president by saying outrageous things to cover it all up.

Not that i'm saying you do that, obviously.

And anyway, you're not orange. Are you?

Quote Originally Posted by Jezleeds View Post
    But you don't have any logical evidence to back up the comment - it's just your assessment, as you say, but the facts say we're in 8th and need to be in 6th to be in the play-offs. If you'd just said you didn't agree, that would be different. Calling a logical argument delusional makes yours less powerful as a result.

I must admit, Trump is a genius at deflecting attention away from his apparent lack of ability as president by saying outrageous things to cover it all up.

Not that i'm saying you do that, obviously.

And anyway, you're not orange. Are you?
    Orange?

As for "delusional", being my assessment, sure it is, and come seasons end I'll stand or fall by it, how many others will be so committed?

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)