+ Visit West Bromwich Albion FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Yacob or Barry?

Yacob or Barry?

I think if we are going to push forward more, and I'm pretty certain we are going to, then Yacob has to be included. He did an excellent job yesterday allowing Gibbs & Nyom to push on. Although Barry has done little wrong since joining I don't think you can continue using both. Once Chadli is fit he needs to replace Livermore giving us a good 4-4-2 midfield with Phillips & Field wide. We can then see what Rodriguez can do in a proper striking role.
    I look forward to Dawson returning as right back as well.
    Brunt, HRC, Burke, McAuley, Nyom, Barry, looks a good bench and I haven't even mentioned Krychowiak, he may yet turn out to be a gem.
    Get Leko back and it will look even better.
    The only thing I'm not happy about is this positivity surging through me. I'm not used to it.

Take a chill pill Chris and check your blood pressure. No, seriously, I get the feeling that there is an air of positivity from fans and players alike at the moment. I know that it early days and we may be back on here in a months time feeling the same way as we have done all season.

Once Pardew gets a full squad to choose from, we should definitely see a more ambitious team. The only real weak spot I believe is at right back where Nyom is totally out of his depth. A good experienced full back should be a must in the January window and then, assuming we remain in the Premiership, we should look to strengthen the squad next season.

The question was Barry or Yacob? From what I've seen in the last couple of games it has to be Yacob. He Is far more mobile, covers more ground and most importantly, wins more tackles. Yesterday, I would have brought on Krychouiak and not McLean and given him the license to push forward. Although a defensive midfielder I firmly believe that he has the attributes to be a very good offensive player.

It's Livermore that should get the hook. He never looks forward always the safe pass. I am hoping someone comes in for him in January, believes the England hype and pays a fortune fro him.
    Nice to see Pardew go 4-4-2 second half. Makes a change to see our manager change something that wasn't working.

Quote Originally Posted by TipperaryBaggie View Post
    Take a chill pill Chris and check your blood pressure. No, seriously, I get the feeling that there is an air of positivity from fans and players alike at the moment. I know that it early days and we may be back on here in a months time feeling the same way as we have done all season.

Once Pardew gets a full squad to choose from, we should definitely see a more ambitious team. The only real weak spot I believe is at right back where Nyom is totally out of his depth. A good experienced full back should be a must in the January window and then, assuming we remain in the Premiership, we should look to strengthen the squad next season.
    I for one don't think I will ever feel that way again Tipps...I can accept that if we are not good enough after giving it our best shot then it is what it is.

Quote Originally Posted by Leicesterbaggie View Post
    The question was Barry or Yacob? From what I've seen in the last couple of games it has to be Yacob. He Is far more mobile, covers more ground and most importantly, wins more tackles. Yesterday, I would have brought on Krychouiak and not McLean and given him the license to push forward. Although a defensive midfielder I firmly believe that he has the attributes to be a very good offensive player.
    Yacob for me too LB he has been breaking up plays ever since he arrived here...taking lots of pressure off the back line.

Quote Originally Posted by TipperaryBaggie View Post

I agree about Nyom, but we need a strike someone who has a bit more about them than what we have now , & think Pardew will address that first . Saying that we had some of our better players out injured yesterday but lots to be pleased about but we need wins .

Anyone know how Kane Wilson is progressing?

Quote Originally Posted by holmleighchris View Post
    Anyone know how Kane Wilson is progressing?
    Finding it difficult to get a starting place at Exeter City although I remember reading an article from the Exeter boss praising his ability and attitude in training etc.

Sent off with two yellow cards on his debut but got 90 minutes under his belt during his third appearance in a 2-0 win v Accrington Stanley.

This seasons league appearances are linked below.

https://www.transfermarkt.com/kane-w...spieler/392774

Got subbed against one of your nearish neighbours Forest Green Rovers in the FA Cup yesterday.

Pity you didn't know he was playing down the road from you, could have given him a cheer from us.

Match highlights courtesy of the BBC.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/42119642

I would select Barry, preferring him going forward. Also the Yacob ‘red mist’ is a potential issue. Notwithstanding that Barry is 6 years his senior, on balance, Gareth still gets my vote.
    PS good news we have the option.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)