+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast

Thread: Attn Sinkov and others

For the people of Israel, Jerusalem is the Capital of Israel ,its a fact.If people have a problem with that ,its their problem not Israels!!

The point is Balanbam, that every country in the region has a problem with it too.

And that could be a big problem for Israel.

Don't let the genie out of the bottle I say.

Sinkov, that is a very selective bit from the Clinton two-state peace initiative.

The Palestinians would have gained a lot from the deal if it had happened. Israel would have had to give land back etc but would have been ceded the West Wall in Jerusalem. Palestine would have been given sovereignty.

The deal so nearly worked that Yassar Arafat agree to it, with reservations.

To simply say that Clinton wanted Jerusalem to be the capital of Israel is totally missing the point and taking things wildly out of context.

I would have celebrated the deal if it had happened.

Trump is simply acting in a one sided way in granting Israel it's wishes.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Clinton_Parameters

Quote Originally Posted by The Bedlington Terrier View Post
    Trump could well be indicted and soon...
    You'd better hope he is BT, he's now into his second year, the economy is doing fine and the deplorables are still in thrall to him. If he makes it to the next election, he'll win that one as well. 8 years of the Donald as the most powerful man on the planet, a lefty nightmare.

Morning Sinkov!

As a lefty bloke of 65 years standing I am well versed with right wing nutters holding the title Leader of the Free World.

Nixon, Reagan, Bush (x2).

Life goes on and actually it gives us a brilliant excuse for an argument, which let's be honest, we all enjoy.

I reserve my right to be morally outraged, just as you have the right to be a bellicose right wing apologist.

The evangelical Christian right in the US are overjoyed at Trump's decision. I have no idea why because Jesus was born in Bethlehem and only preached in Jerusalem.

I suppose the Jewish religion has the best claim to "ownership" of Jerusalem except the land belonged to Jordan and Palestine according to the land registry.

Balfour muddied the waters, the 1947 war evoked a major land grab, the Israelis nicked East Jerusalem following even more military conflict and Trump just goes and chucks more gasoline on the burning political oil drum.

When the Palestinians perpetrate another 9/11 on US soil in retaliation, Trump will simply say "I told you so" and build another two walls to keep those pesky Muslims out of Israel and the US.

The United Nations is rubbish. But it is the best thing we have in dealing with issues like this.

The alternative seems to be to allow the USA to sort stuff out exactly as they wish. They regularly put themselves above UN resolutions.

And all other nations seem powerless or unwilling to stop them.

I'm still wondering why Trump is receiving such dog's abuse from the left for simply carrying out lefty folk hero Bill Clinton's wishes, that the US Embassy be moved to Jerusalem. Such was Clinton's desire for this to happen that he passed a law to ensure that it did. Obama could have repealed the legislation, but never did, Trump is simply allowing the law to run it's course.

I've asked twice already why Clinton passed this law, but from our Middle Eastern experts has come there answer none. Was Clinton a right wing nutter ? Is that the reason? If not why did he do it ? Serious question, I don't know the answer, it just seems a bit unfair to lump all the blame on the Donald for doing something Clinton wanted to do, and something that presumably Obama wasn't too worried about either.

Quote Originally Posted by sinkov View Post
    There are several workable solutions out there 59-60, if you care to look for them, and guess what, a solution will be found to this problem eventually, when the EU and the Republic get serious and stop treating this border issue as a political football.

Take the Schengen area for example, no border controls, yet 7 Schengen countries, including France and Germany re-introduced border controls last year in response to the immigrant crisis. As they say in France, 'Il y a toujours une solution', and there is to this problem as well, it will just take ingenuity, flexibilty and goodwill, but sadly from the EU side there is yet nothing but intransigence, and from Eire political chicanery.
    There you are 59/60, comme j'ai dit, il y a toujours une solution.

Has Clarets Mad moved its HQ to Paris?

The answer is "No", so stop being a smart arse and speak in English.

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)