+ Visit Sheffield United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Lee Gregory....your loss

Lee Gregory....your loss

here we have a lad born n bred in Sheffield who attended Sheffield United Acadamy and you let him slip out of your hands. Last season he scored 17 goals for the Lions and as you saw on sat had a cracker of a goal against you and a great assist for the 2ed.

We are not a rich club so were chuffed to pick him up for £250,000 from Halifax, it was certainly money well spent.

Quote Originally Posted by claw84 View Post
    here we have a lad born n bred in Sheffield who attended Sheffield United Acadamy and you let him slip out of your hands. Last season he scored 17 goals for the Lions and as you saw on sat had a cracker of a goal against you and a great assist for the 2ed.

We are not a rich club so were chuffed to pick him up for £250,000 from Halifax, it was certainly money well spent.

Yes, well done. Makes a change from the shyte you normally buy...

And yet he still gets a load of stick from his own supporters when he doesn't score,he is appreciated today,next time he doesn't score,cue the abuse

Quote Originally Posted by BlockD View Post
    And yet he still gets a load of stick from his own supporters when he doesn't score,he is appreciated today,next time he doesn't score,cue the abuse
    He's a decent player Gregory and had a good game yesdi but havin 2 or 3 good games a season is one reason why Tufty won't have bought him,i must say i was suprised when Jake was benched.Millwall deserved the win but would any BLADE swap their team for ours? UTCB

Quote Originally Posted by BlockD View Post
    I have yet to see Lee get loads of abuse from his own fans, I certaily would never shout abuse at him as he may not score all the time but he works his socks off, thats for sure. And that is what counts.

Yes Lee Gregory was one that got away. He was at Halifax the same time as Jamie Vardy (released by Wendy). What a good double swoop that could have been! All teams release the odd youngster that turns into a diamond but hopefully, our current regime is a lot smarter than those at the time of Gregory’s release.
    Before that, we miserably failed to sign a young Kevin Davies. Compared to that, missing out on Gregory doesn’t seem so bad.

We even failed to sign a young Diego Maradona.

Quote Originally Posted by mahatmafoot View Post
    We even failed to sign a young Diego Maradona.
    Too true M. It’s the Blades’ way I’m afraid.

Gregory is no Vardy,watched him when the Millwall *****'s got tanked at Spurs last season,he was invisible and when an opportunity did come his way he had the touch of an Elephant.

And sucking his thumb after scoring yesterday spoke volumes about him being a "Blade".

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast