+ Visit Motherwell FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Looking ahead...

Looking ahead...

What's Jamie Murphy doing this weather? I don't see him featuring for anyone. Worth an inquiry?
    And I have the answer to the 'diving' controversy. Play on red blaes pitches. Our FP team used to play on them; everybody went to great lengths to avoid just falling down; nobody knowingly dived on those things. OK that was 50 years ago, but it must be worth a try.

Murphy isn't making the matchday squad for Brighton - not overly surprisingly - but I suspect he'll be Championship bound, on loan or otherwise, in January.

Just for once, I would like to see us go through a season without re-signing a former player, we have done well so far to move away from this habit and I hope we keep it up. Murphy was a good player for us in the past but I honestly don't think he'd fit into Robinson's style of play.

Quote Originally Posted by dazlhigh View Post
    What's Jamie Murphy doing this weather? I don't see him featuring for anyone. Worth an inquiry?
    And I have the answer to the 'diving' controversy. Play on red blaes pitches. Our FP team used to play on them; everybody went to great lengths to avoid just falling down; nobody knowingly dived on those things. OK that was 50 years ago, but it must be worth a try.
    I can remember those pitches, every time I pass those two down the Calder i go into a cold sweat. I was running full on with the ball, fell over my own feet "no dive" and skidded for about 10 feet on my back. I swear there will be skin still there to this day.

on the same pitches playing for calder primary made a sliding tackle in middle of winter ,got up played on , one of my teammates told me my white sock was all red at the back , nearly keeled over, after game back at school ,jannie told me to lie down on stomach, he kneeled on my back & attacked my leg with a scrubbing brush,que the screams ......

Quote Originally Posted by jjack View Post
    on the same pitches playing for calder primary made a sliding tackle in middle of winter ,got up played on , one of my teammates told me my white sock was all red at the back , nearly keeled over, after game back at school ,jannie told me to lie down on stomach, he kneeled on my back & attacked my leg with a scrubbing brush,que the screams ......
    It was possibly Calder primary I was playing for when I fell. The School or Jervie boys club. One of the two.

i helped train jervi YOUTH club for a couple of years when the Harvey brothers fell out with boys club 79/80 good memories

Quote Originally Posted by jjack View Post
    i helped train jervi YOUTH club for a couple of years when the Harvey brothers fell out with boys club 79/80 good memories
    I played with the boys club from mid to late 70s......Christ I feel auld now.

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)