+ Visit Crewe Alexandra FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Oh dear, seems I disagree

Quote Originally Posted by ruocul View Post
    Very good point Mike. No he is not playing in the wrong position. The problem is he is playing in every position. He is supposed to be in cerntral midfield but he is never there. He is all over the place getting in the way of all the other players/. That is why we are shipping all these goals

Mike ypu must have heard Terry on RS the other week talking about Lowery "He cannot score, he cannot attack, and he cannot defend" Unfortunately that is absolutely accurate. I know you are not keen on coaching, but boy does that young boy need it.
    Haha, really, made me laugh that, thanks and maybe just maybe why some fans think he catches the eye ie chasing the ball....Mind you I remember another diminutive midfield player of yesteryear that did that and he was everywhere, took the throw ins and the corners and all the free kicks and his name? Alan Ball..Height 5'6" scored 180 goals and played for England too..so who knows?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Alan_Ball_Jr.
    Last edited by MikeSB; 06-12-2017 at 12:34 AM.

Wow Somerset you really are keen on our young Tommy. Really impressed if he can thread a pass like Kenny. You must be aware of the incredible amount of assists Kenny achieved in his career.

In the stats how many assists has our young Tommy got to his name? A great big fat ZERO.
    Give the lad a break. For what its worth I think that he is doing okay and going in the right direction. On Sunday he always seemed to be in the correct position when we were passing the ball from one wing to the other when Blackburn were on the ropes, certainly not running around like a headless chicken. As for stats, I might be out by one or two games, but I remember when Powell came into our team it took him something like twenty eight games before he found the back of the net. Its a good job that we didn't give up on him.

Wow Somerset you really are keen on our young Tommy.

I think the lad's got great potential if that's what you mean.
    I certainly don't think he is the reason why we get over-run in midfield, as you seem to be suggesting.
    That's a collective responsibility.

As for assists, I couldn't give a damn who gets them, so long as we score.
    People can read too much into stats.
    From what I see, Tommy tends to lie deeper than Kenny ever did, so the chances of his pass being the final one is less.
    So long as he finds a red shirt (which some DO find difficult), then that will do for me.

The "headless chicken" comment is an interesting one, I'll look out for that on Saturday because I'm certain he will start.
    What it does suggest is that he is a 100%-er and that ain't a bad thing.

I'm not sure it is helpful though to bring the likes of Best, Ball ...........and Maradona!!! ..........into the conversation. I'm not sure anyone rates Tommy quite that highly .................yet!!!

To me the problem with Lowery is not the lad himself but the tactics employed when he plays. He should be playing in a midfield which includes Walker alongside him. Most of the time he plays in a literally lightweight midfield 3 who are easily bypassed when we haven't got the ball.
    As for headless chicken in my opinion he is someone who puts in the mileage.
    As for the. ' can't score idea, he reminds me of Sorvel, only more talented.

Any player that does not give 100% should not be on the pitch when there are 5 subs.

I think that is the least best argument for a player imo...If there is such a thing as 110% which of course there isn't but we know it means playing over and above what is expected then if we are not doing that with our league position, then I don't know what will? Apart from being paid by results may help that is..100% effort = 100% pay.....50% effort, 50% pay...and so on!

Well roucul you don’t seem to like Lowery. You have either got a relative who he is keeping out of the team or you are on a wind up
    From your recent comments about him you were obviously at Blackburn and other games to base your opinion on him.

I could not make the game but I have just looked at the video of the game approx. 2.22 minutes long and saw 3 passes he made including the one to Porter for the penalty. I suppose that doesn’t count as an assist though. However in the short clip he makes 3 excellent passes.
    I have watched him in the youth games and was not surprised when he made the first team. He certainly can tackle and gets a lot of stick from the opposition
    You are entitled to your opinion about him but it certainly varies from the majority on here

Mike you missed out Messi for small players lol
    Your point about bringing in non-league players is valid to a degree but by their early to mid-twenties they are playing part time with jobs
    I know of one player recently playing in the 8th tier who turned down an offer of a contract from Derby as he was in a very good and well paying job as well as £600 pw playing part time.
    It is harder to get them to sign from non-league

Well I will stick to my views based on what I have seen this season. If as you say the majority disagree me. so be it. One small point if this absolute gem, this mega star of the future is that good how come we are only 3 points above the relegation slots? Would seem to me that your arguments do not hold much water.. the relegation zone in crappy league2.

I am extremely concerned about our current position. I feel that if we do not change our midfield immediately we are going to be one of the hot favourites for the drop. We have to return to Perry NG and Harry Pickering or something similar. At least then we were competitive and balanced, something we have not been all season. Also find it hard to understand why Brad Walker is not in our midfield.

Oh blast I have been caught out at last. I only have 4 relatives in the first team squad, and 6 nephews in the Academy. And here I was trying to keep it secret

The point is, ruocul, I agree that Perry and Harry did a good job in midfield and added a bit of bite and I was also surprised when these two were pushed back into being full-backs. However, what I do disagree with is your view of Lowery- the lad has talent, which is NOT the same as saying he is the next Lionel Messi!
    And...Nick Powell was playing for us when we were 18th in League 2. Does this mean he was crap???

A true comedian comparing him with Nick Powell. Please, Nick was a joy to watch, such balance strength, vision, and amazing runs. Seems the young lad went wrong somewhere, but have seen him recently a few times and he looks like he has got his appetite back. I really hope so.

The only talent I have seen so far for your young boy is giving stupid goals away. He is really good at that. His running all over the pitch actually leaves us with only ONE midfielder in our half of the pitch. A good question for you Mike, if you only have one midfielder in our half are you going to win or lose the match? Remember that Cooper and Ainley are not known for their defending abilities.

And that is exactly why he should not be in the team.

A true comedian comparing him with Nick Powell. Please, Nick was a joy to watch, such balance strength, vision, and amazing runs. Seems the young lad went wrong somewhere, but have seen him recently a few times and he looks like he has got his appetite back. I really hope so.

The only talent I have seen so far for your young boy is giving stupid goals away. He is really good at that. His running all over the pitch actually leaves us with only ONE midfielder in our half of the pitch. A good question for you Mike, if you only have one midfielder in our half are you going to win or lose the match? Remember that Cooper and Ainley are not known for their defending abilities.

And that is exactly why he should not be in the team.
    Does the adverts and video adverts on this site get on your nerves but even newspapers are doing the same now.

In answer to your question Luckour, It depends on what the tactics are. Some fans think that football tactics only started when Dario took over but I saw some really great teams in the past even of the 1960's when I saw the great Spurs playing when they had away matches nearby and they had what was called the 'push and run' tactics back then which meant that when the team was in possession of the ball, all the outfield players moved up the pitch together and so pushed back the other team and the opposite when defending. It seems pretty obvious right? Well how do we account for players being so static nowadays and then can't make a simple pass and it needs ten years coaching? However if Lowery is getting in the way of everyone in order to please, then he needs some more guidance as you said...
    Last edited by MikeSB; 07-12-2017 at 07:57 PM.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast