+ Visit Crewe Alexandra FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Oh dear, seems I disagree

Quote Originally Posted by ruocul View Post
    One small point if this absolute gem, this mega star of the future is that good how come we are only 3 points above the relegation slots?

I've often thought about this.
    What difference would a Messi or Ronaldo-type make to this team, how much higher would we be?
    Higher for sure, but top of the league? in the automatic promotion spots? play-offs? Who knows!?!
    It takes more than one player to make a team.

But that's all beside the point.
    Lowery isn't one of those, no-one has ever said he is but neither is anyone else in our squad.
    Lowery has as much potential as anyone else we have and until he drops a clanger, he deserves to keep his place.
    I'm assuming you think he drops one (if you pardon the pun!) every time he takes the field. I tend to disagree.

I'm curious to know where else you think we could improve - because our current plight cannot be down to one young lad!!!
    Last edited by somersetcrewe; 07-12-2017 at 08:43 PM.

I think we would definitely improve if we had Perry NG, Harry Pickering, and Brad Walker in our midfield. We would be more competitive, better balanced, and physically stronger. I would also include Cooper and Ainley but give them each a portion of the game.

My first 3 names would also provide far greater cover for our defence than the current selection. Plus our forwards would not be isolated as they are now. With the proper service Porter, Bowery, and Dagnall have the potential for a lot of goals.

I also feel we would improve if Kenny Lunt was left on his own on the touchline. Think Dave Artell shouts far too many varying instructions and it makes a lot of players unsure of what to do for the best.

Quote Originally Posted by ruocul View Post
    I think we would definitely improve if we had Perry NG, Harry Pickering, and Brad Walker in our midfield. We would be more competitive, better balanced, and physically stronger. I would also include Cooper and Ainley but give them each a portion of the game.

My first 3 names would also provide far greater cover for our defence than the current selection. Plus our forwards would not be isolated as they are now. With the proper service Porter, Bowery, and Dagnall have the potential for a lot of goals.

I also feel we would improve if Kenny Lunt was left on his own on the touchline. Think Dave Artell shouts far too many varying instructions and it makes a lot of players unsure of what to do for the best.
    I was watching some old footage of some Spurs games and it showed the manager Bill Nicholson sitting in the Stands with the rest of the Directors and having manager/coaches on the touchline in technical areas is relatively new. I think its counter productive when you should let the players get on with and the tactics should be decided before hand and that is why you have a Captain to gee up players and to convey instructions to them but that should only be a rarity. These changes are not necessarily for the best imo of course...

Ruocul please leave my last again....carefully! I did not compare Lowery with Powell. I was drawing a comparison to your. 'logic' re: how can Lowery be so good if we are so low in the league.
    There is no way he is anywhere near the finished product. However, he is talented. The big problem for us is that we do not have a stable midfield. That is where we need to be stronger. For me, we shouldn't be persevering with Cooper just on his potential. He is clearly a major provider of assists but we shouldn't be so reliant on him.
    We do not have a settled team and DA doesn't know his best team. Too many lightweight attack-minded players.
    This post wanders a bit - sorry about that

I definitely wrote 'read' but my phone decided it knew better and replaced it with 'leave' in the first line.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123