+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: O/T DUP still not playing ball..

Quote Originally Posted by millmoormagic View Post
    To add to roly's post, please read the report, we're the 6th richest country in the world....scandalous...

https://www.jrf.org.uk/report/uk-poverty-2017
    A fact that should shame any government in power since 1979 , absolute disgrace .

Strong and stable .

Brexit means brexit .

Arlene pulls a sad face .

All bets are off .

It would be funny if it wasn't so serious for all of us .

Its the old story MMM the rich get richer while the poor get poorer. Many poorer developing countries are better run than ours. 21st Century and the country is run as though Queen Vic is in Buck house, truly shocking.

Quote Originally Posted by rolymiller View Post
    Its the old story MMM the rich get richer while the poor get poorer. Many poorer developing countries are better run than ours. 21st Century and the country is run as though Queen Vic is in Buck house, truly shocking.
    German state pension £26k

French £16k

UK £7.488

Thatcher changed from 12% of GDP in line with the Germans to 5% of GDP .

The witch is well gone but the legacy remains , you can't afford not to vote labour in my opinion if you are a floating voter .

in the brexit talks...good...if this transfers to a reversal of support for the tw ats in charge in the house of commons, we can shortly look forward to getting shut of em for good in a general election.
    I don’t think the DUP will be quick to bring about circumstances in which a General Election will take place. Whilst it may be that there will be the need for compromises that will be unpalatable to them they would prefer to deal with the Tories rather than the Labour Party, given that The Great Leader has shared platforms with leading pIRA members, the Shadow Chancellor said because of the bravery of the IRA and people like Bobby Sands, we now have a peace process and the Shadow Home Secretary said of the Northern Irish conflict: every defeat of the British state is a victory for all of us (irrespective of how many hair cuts she has had since then).

Quote Originally Posted by animallittle3 View Post
    Personally in the name of strong and stable we should exit the EU without a deal and transfer the government to Belfast and let the 10 DUP MP's govern the whole UK .

Actually thinking about it , that's already happened .

GE imminent me thinks , hanging by a thread these tories and it's very close to snapping .

Labour to win with a small majority in the new year , throw remaining in the single market into the manifesto and it could be a larger , worst case scenario is another hung parliament but the tories can forget winning with a majority .
    I think another hung Parliament would be the outcome, but who knows - the Tories might actually contest the next election.

You voted for Brexit (or at least that’s what you told Tykes Mad) and recently likened people exercising their freedom of movement to victims of people trafficking (which shows a remarkable lack of understanding of trafficking and an insensitivity to victims of the same), but now appear to support remaining in the Single Market.

What exactly were you voting for?

I think it would be political suicide for Labour to put remaining in the Single Market (and hence the retention of freedom of movement) in their manifesto. All the xenophobic voters who switched to UKIP and then returned to Labour in June when they thought the job was done would desert again. Labour sensitivities around this subject are so deep that Momentum had to whip in party members to prevent Brexit – probably the most important event in British economic history for a century or so – from being debated at the party conference.

...a little side note for all you tory supporters out there: its been announced today a big increase in poverty for children and pensioners over the last few years...hmm i wonder who has presided over that? Think before you vote in the coming election peeps...
    You are exaggerating when you describe it as a big increase. Unfortunately, it has to be expected when an economy is recovering from the sort of shock faced by that of the UK in 2007/8. What is clear is that decades of the 'neo-liberal' policies that are so despised by the new Left delivered constant improvements until that shock.

Borrowing more and dumping the burden upon our kids isn’t a sensible solution, but it’s the only one that Labour is currently offering.

Quote Originally Posted by animallittle3 View Post
    German state pension £26k

French £16k

UK £7.488

Thatcher changed from 12% of GDP in line with the Germans to 5% of GDP .

The witch is well gone but the legacy remains , you can't afford not to vote labour in my opinion if you are a floating voter .
    I see that you share the Shadow Home Secretary’s command of figures and respect for accuracy. Both German and French pensions are directly earnings related; higher earners get higher pensions with the German figure that you quote being the absolute maximum.

According to this Guardian article, the average German pension (2015 figures) was £11 316 for men in the west and £5626 for women (I’ve adjusted the figures to todays exchange rate). In the meantime, you’ve missed out the earnings related element (S2P) of the UK state pension and are also quoting an incorrect figure as the current UK pension for someone with a decent NI record is £8296 pa:

https://www.theguardian.com/society/...fits-happiness

You'll also note that the relative poverty rate for German Pensioners is shown as being higher than that for UK pensioners.
    Last edited by KerrAvon; 04-12-2017 at 08:47 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by KerrAvon View Post
    I think another hung Parliament would be the outcome, but who knows - the Tories might actually contest the next election.

You voted for Brexit (or at least that’s what you told Tykes Mad) and recently likened people exercising their freedom of movement to victims of people trafficking (which shows a remarkable lack of understanding of trafficking and an insensitivity to victims of the same), but now appear to support remaining in the Single Market.

What exactly were you voting for?

I think it would be political suicide for Labour to put remaining in the Single Market (and hence the retention of freedom of movement) in their manifesto. All the xenophobic voters who switched to UKIP and then returned to Labour in June when they thought the job was done would desert again. Labour sensitivities around this subject are so deep that Momentum had to whip in party members to prevent Brexit – probably the most important event in British economic history for a century or so – from being debated at the party conference.
    I don't debate with serial liars , move on snakeoil salesman .

Are you denying that you posted that you voted for Brexit and likened people exercising freedom of movement to the victims of people trafficking? I can find the posts, if you'd like?

You don't debate with people who disagree with you - you just threaten them. Or are you denying that too? I suppose that you'll also deny that in the run up to the Brexit vote you complained on Tykes Mad about people speaking Polish around you at work who wouldn't stop when you told them to?
    Last edited by KerrAvon; 04-12-2017 at 08:58 PM.

Page 2 of 15 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast