+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 5131415

Thread: O/T DUP still not playing ball..

Quote Originally Posted by millmoormagic View Post
    I'm just reciprocating Kerr, who seems to like linking to it, i suppose you're not gunna pull him up though eh, here's another, from the independant, no matter how much you wanna deny it, it's fact, and no amount of smart arris replies will mask the fact that you've been proved wrong, once again...

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk...-a7722166.html
    Quote Originally Posted by Grist_To_The_Mill View Post
    lol The Guardian, a rag that's slightly to the left of the Daily Worker
    Haha, already made you look more than a little daft when you previously scoffed at me quoting the Guardian, now you're back after licking your wounds, can't teach an old dog new tricks it seems.

Yep, I agree, so that's me "over and out" on these political threads.

It is getting boring
    I'm actually rolling with laughter here, the irony of it!!

Can't you tell that this is only about public perception? Not about actuality. In other words it's a poll about what party people like you think that the Guardian support. Were you aware that the Guardian supported the Liberals in 2010? And as Animal said, they gave Corbyn a horrible time for a couple of years before they realised through the manifesto that Corbyn was not actually hard left! Only then did they show signs of getting behind him.

Tony Blair would I think be the Guardian's ideal leader.

Quote Originally Posted by howdydoo View Post
    Do any of you lot actually DO anything, other than keep regurgitating the same old tripe on a message board?

YAWN YAWN ZZZzzzz

Too many economically illiterate individuals on here. Most don’t understand how an economy works, or what drives progress. Most don't appreciate the basis of hard earned success and graft.

'Hand outs R US' brigade.

Wouldn't mind if these people truly wanted a better society but these loud mouths/ keyboard warriors, just want more pie for themselves.

Why don't you brilliant minds club together and set up a 'not for profit' business? I'm sure with your mind set, it will be a roaring success and you'll help the masses. I might apply for a job myself.

Moan, moan moan. Give it up FFS.
    Ooops - toys are out of the pram!

Blimey - all that hostility towards people taking part in an open political debate, yet only criticism for those on the Left!

Must mean we're winning the argument eh lads? ;-)

Quote Originally Posted by KerrAvon View Post
    Were the EU to give us membership of the Single Market without freedom of movement the Swiss, the EFTA countries and some EU members would all kick off and ask why they can’t have a bit of that. That’s why the EU can’t afford to budge on the point and won’t do so. In addition, it would be the equivalent of cancelling a gym membership, but then expecting to be allowed access to the pool and the changing rooms. And the gym.

It aint going to happen.

I can understand why Labour are taking the point, because, frankly, they don’t have much else to say on Brexit, but it’s just political posturing. It’s also dangerous for the party, because some of the people wo traditionally vote for them will notice that they appear to be flirting with free movement, which might just persuade them to go with UKIP again.
    From what I can see the Labour party are positioned on arguing for retaining the benefits of the single market and for controlled migration that services skills gaps. Obviously this could be taken as a neo-liberal position - servicing the economy by continuing to import cheap labour to maximise profits instead of investing in skills. Corbyn has said much on this previously but not in recent times and I personally wish that he would highlight it more: who wouldn't want us to invest in home grown skills and not import labour on mass to fill in the gaps for this economic short-term profit-making short term ism? I think to make more of this stance would appeal to those voters concerned with jobs and I'd like to hear more on it from us. Not sure there is much to lose from this stance either - it does require investment to 'skill up' the local work force and to make the wages attractive to local workers but I think most would support this? (Apart of course those employers, big and small, who are using imported labour to maximise profits in the short term!)

Quote Originally Posted by ragingpup View Post
    Ooops - toys are out of the pram!

Blimey - all that hostility towards people taking part in an open political debate, yet only criticism for those on the Left!

Must mean we're winning the argument eh lads? ;-)
    Nasty piece of work is Howdy, the last time he popped up he got really personal with myself, so don't be surprised if he comes back all guns blazing...oh, and you do know he's the only one who actually does anything, don't you? One thing he has got is a massive ego....he wants us to massage it and tell him how nice he is and what a fine job he's doing...

Howdy you are nice and doing a fine job. Actually he has been very restrained for him as expected a few caustic remarks well before now. He's a sort of Kerr self made man but not as polite as Kerr. Kerr will attempt to argue his corner even if his arguments are weak.

Quote Originally Posted by rolymiller View Post
    Howdy you are nice and doing a fine job. Actually he has been very restrained for him as expected a few caustic remarks well before now. He's a sort of Kerr self made man but not as polite as Kerr. Kerr will attempt to argue his corner even if his arguments are weak.
    I'm doing a great job Roly. You boys continue with your little appreciation society and the patent 'love in' together.

Why do people need to be polite? You boys type a million words a week and try and put the world right. Or so you think.

All based on theory and it makes you all feel better because you gratuitously blow up each others ar$es at every turn.

'nasty piece of work' ??? LMFAO.

Carry on lads. tic toc

You wouldn't be howdy if you were polite. Merry Christmas you old grumps.

Question Time from Barnsley Civic Hall tomorrow night for those interested .

Panelists named so far are Tory Nicky Morgan and Labour's Rebecca Long - Bailey .

Page 15 of 15 FirstFirst ... 5131415