+ Visit Leeds United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: FA Cup draw

Sorry Clive, we field weak sides (and that line-up is weak, no team structure and certainly no way they will have played competitively as a team before the tie) and we get beat, there is a severe psychological effect (no matter who we field) and we are hardly going to make a mint on the away receipts at Newport!.

Strong line-up, players who have played alongside each other regularly and if we need to rest, do so when we have 3 or 4 in the net first.

How about an 18 of wiedwald berardi Anita jansson klich sacko alioski gomes hernandez Saiz ekuban cibicki lasogga grot Dallas okane shaughnessy farrell

All foreign and Irish, not an English guy in sight

Quote Originally Posted by CLIVETHELEEDSFAN View Post
    How about an 18 of wiedwald berardi Anita jansson klich sacko alioski gomes hernandez Saiz ekuban cibicki lasogga grot Dallas okane shaughnessy farrell

All foreign and Irish, not an English guy in sight
    Errrrr......nope!

When is the last time the English have won the world cup or olympics?

OK WTF, if all the squad is fully fit for that game, what would your 18 be vs Newport

Tell ya what WTF, let's compromise. Our recent front 4 all on bench, rest ayling completely as he's played every league game so far, berardi in his best position at rb, rest our young CMs and play okane and klich, Anita comes in at lb, jansson on bench Pennington comes in at cb, keep wiedwald in goal as he should be ok after having had a few games rest recently, front 4 starting of lasogga roofe Dallas and an either or of cibicki and sacko, that keeps some of the recent regulars but uses experienced backups.

2bh WTF, any lineup we put out from our 26 man squad should be strong enough to beat Newport. BTW that above lineup would be...

Wiedwald berardi Anita Pennington cooper okane klich sacko Dallas roofe lasogga

Lonergan jansson shaughnessy alioski hernandez Saiz ekuban

How does that sound down to you

Tell ya what WTF, let's compromise. Our recent front 4 all on bench, rest ayling completely as he's played every league game so far, berardi in his best position at rb, rest our young CMs and play okane and klich, Anita comes in at lb, jansson on bench Pennington comes in at cb, keep wiedwald in goal as he should be ok after having had a few games rest recently, front 4 starting of lasogga roofe Dallas and an either or of cibicki and sacko, that keeps some of the recent regulars but uses experienced backups.

2bh WTF, any lineup we put out from our 26 man squad should be strong enough to beat Newport. BTW that above lineup would be...

Wiedwald berardi Anita Pennington cooper okane klich sacko Dallas roofe lasogga

Lonergan jansson shaughnessy alioski hernandez Saiz ekuban

How does that sound down to you
    Ok, here goes;

Lonergan,

Berardi, Cooper, Anita, Shaugnessy

Alioski, Hernandez, Saiz, Dallas

Roofe, Ekuban

Wiedwald, Jansson, Okane, Klich, Phillips, Vieira, Cibicki

If we are smashing them first half, then see what Klich and Cibicki can do.

On paper I agree with the sentiment about any of our 26, but we know from bitter experience that other teams up their game, and we seem more than capable of taking our foot off the pedal, for whatever reason.

The match against Sutton doesn't count as monkey boy in his infinite wisdom played players who in some cases didn't even have a squad number, that's why we lost that match

I would like to see us use 442 like you've suggested but I don't think we will use it, even against small clubs like Newport

The match against Sutton doesn't count as monkey boy in his infinite wisdom played players who in some cases didn't even have a squad number, that's why we lost that match

I would like to see us use 442 like you've suggested but I don't think we will use it, even against small clubs like Newport
    Not just referring to Sutton. How many times over the decades, not just last couple of seasons, have we gone out expecting to spank a team from the lower leagues, and come way tail between legs. We don't need that, even if we don't progress in the cup long term. Frankly if we field a strong side and DON'T spank Newport, then we have bigger problems than a little player fatigue.

As to formation, we were lucky last season that one up front worked as a winning tactic. I suspect that against any opposition that does its homework, no matter what division or competition, it won't any more. We did well early doors with width and pace at the front, don't know why the arrival of Lassogga signalled a required change. Whether the powers that be think so, now that's another matter.
    Last edited by WTF11; 06-12-2017 at 03:40 PM.

I'm not a fan of one upfront either, I prefer 442, but do we have the players to play it, against Newport I'd say yes, against better clubs I don't know, but I also believe if you can make 4231 work with the pace and flair our current front 4 have, then let it continue

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)