+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: BBC sports gossip

Quote Originally Posted by JUSTaway View Post
    Fraser would benefit from staying at United a couple of years, he is only now starting to show his best form (reminds me of Stephen Thomson who was rubbish up until his last 6 months), is being played in his best position (is he going to get that luxury at another club?). He would be better being the main man at United, getting us up, proving himself in the top flight, and then moving on. I think if he moved now he would just get swallowed up and spat out somewhere. I'd say just look at the career choices of Scott Allan and Stuart Armstong. I've been sceptical in the past about Fraser (mainly due to his reluctance to use his right foot) but happy to eat humble pie.
    I would like to see Robson and Fraser stay a bit longer but im not so sure that someone else will allow that.

But i cant see how Stuart Armstrong can appear in the same sentence as Scott Allan. Scott Allan thought he was something and made it by disappearing doon sooth, only to turn up again just like the bad penny. Stuart Armstrong knew he was something, proved he can do something else and was moved on and has done well at Ceptic.

Maybe we will see the same happen in parallel after January!

Quote Originally Posted by shedboy71 View Post
    I will let OA answer but i had heard it was 2 additional. I also do not think we will sell either player in January unless its a 500k type bid.

My concern is that they go off the boil if they sign pre contracts. Hope not.
    This^^^^

I reckon that both these guys will sign pre contracts in Jan and will both then coast the rest of the season at United before leaving for compo. Worst possible scenario.

Question for the never sell brigade...If both indicate they have no intention of signing new contract (would suspect that can be inferred by virtue of fact both are at end of contracts) would you sell for maximum amount in Jan and use the money to strengthen or would you hang onto them/

For me if decent money was offered for Robson I might take it and reinvest but would hold on to Fraser unless the offer was crazy ) eg £750+k. He is a harder player than Robson to replace in Jan.

Id take money for Robson and keep Fraser too fit4

Fraser wil sign a pre-contract with someone imo. He wont be sticking around after the ****e he's recieved from the stands over the last year or so. Its clearly pissed him off.

Scott Fraser has always shown huge potential but has been wildly inconsistent and not always shown the required desire.

He’s been excellent recently. So has both Willo and Robson.

However for the two young ones the time to extend contracts on our terms is past. The time to do that was probably a year ago but at that time a good percentage of fans would have argued that they were not worthy of it, the club were probably wary of committing themselves due to financial constraints. Sums up the limitations involved in being in the Championship and the uncertainty over our short term future.

With regards to Fraser taking abuse I’m sure he’s big enough to deal with it. Some was OTT but he is similar to Ozil - his playing style lends itself to look lazy sometimes and he gets the brunt of fans frustrations.

Based on their performances both would be a massive loss in January - if we could keep one it would be Fraser.

I’d hope the manager gets a say in what happens if there is the possibility of money coming in.

Having other teams sniffing around our players means we're doing something right, but if we're serious about going up this season any deals for players should involve sale and loan back. We have a chairman who would sell his office desk if he thought it would net a couple of grand, but thinking that through it's probably already mortgaged to someone else.
    It's hard to know how skint we are but if we sell these players in January without better replacements coming in it will be a disgrace. And lets face it, we wouldn't be paying fees for replacements so how could you say they would be better.

Up to you Stephen. Better get this right or you're gonna pi55 off the fans again, only 5800 (?) 5900 on Saturday.

We are so bereft. Our current position is so bad that a player showing potential is gone in 6 months and we get close to nothing for them by way of transfer or compo

At least in the spl we could decent transfer fees that in theory could have been reinvested in the team

Quote Originally Posted by stokearab View Post
    Having other teams sniffing around our players means we're doing something right, but if we're serious about going up this season any deals for players should involve sale and loan back. We have a chairman who would sell his office desk if he thought it would net a couple of grand, but thinking that through it's probably already mortgaged to someone else.
    It's hard to know how skint we are but if we sell these players in January without better replacements coming in it will be a disgrace. And lets face it, we wouldn't be paying fees for replacements so how could you say they would be better.

Up to you Stephen. Better get this right or you're gonna pi55 off the fans again, only 5800 (?) 5900 on Saturday.
    This ^^^ every day of the week.

Am I the only one who thinks Willo was awful on Saturday?? Not saying he hasn't been playing well lately, and I think he will be a miss for December, but the game completely passed him by on Saturday!

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)