+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: BBC sports gossip

Quote Originally Posted by TerryTheTerror View Post
    This clearly isn't true.
    Why? Wee Jum said as much in interviews and in his book. And furthermore, do you really think we would have got what we did for Duncan Ferguson under ST? Common sense and his previous form for selling at the drop of a hat would strongly suggest not.

My ultimate reason for posting what I said is that I am becoming increasingly concerned about ST's potential actions in this upcoming window. The vultures are just starting to hover and my great fear is him doing his usual stunts and flogging potentially two of our best assets just as we are looking in a decent position for winning the league and getting up. This January is definitely NOT the time to be gambling, but my worry is that we have heard this record before and leopards (or snakes?!) don't change their spots..........................

We only sold players when it suited us? Come on.

Quote Originally Posted by LSArab View Post
    This is spot on. It’s not easy to get promoted.

If we miss out this season who knows what financial state we will be in and when we will eventually get up again

Could be decent teams coming down from spl -one or two- that invest heavily and make it very difficult next season if we fail

We can’t take any risks this time and have to make sure we comfortably win league to get back up
    Dundee in the championship and it was classed as an easy league fizzy pop etc. Now United are there with play off option they still cant get out of it and it is classed as not easy to get promoted...... Oh the irony.

Ha ha

Poor Funsters with a chip or a chip supper on their shoulder

Don’t worry funsters we won’t be spending as many years in the second flight as you have over the last 20 years

That sadly is the way of most of the leagues throughout Europe, and unless UEFA but a limit on the number of players a club can have on their books, or the number of players they can loan out, then the ‘big’ clubs will continue to hoover up anyone who shows a glimpse of talent

Fraser, although good recently, is replaceable. If we sell him in Jan and get that money for another player I won’t be too upset

Quote Originally Posted by psych View Post
    Word on the street is that St Mirren are going to lose Lewis Morgan to Celtic in January but immediately loaned back for the rest of the season. What happens over the next few months is going to have long term implications for the future of the club. We have to gain promotion this season. We cannot lose any player like Fraser, no matter what financial inducements are waved in ST face. The cost in the long term will dwarf any short term gains. Just look at the Armstrong, GMS fiasco.
    Correct! Heard today that Hearts also been tracking Fraser

Quote Originally Posted by arab_pat View Post
    Fraser, although good recently, is replaceable. If we sell him in Jan and get that money for another player I won’t be too upset
    Agree that any player is replaceable, it's just the timing (yet again) and disruption to a side that is settling.

Quote Originally Posted by stokearab View Post
    Agree that any player is replaceable, it's just the timing (yet again) and disruption to a side that is settling.
    See what really pisses me off is this transfer window shoite. What was wrong allowing teams to conduct transfer business throughout the season until transfer deadline day? Is this really giving the fans a great deal? Is it phuck. Unitil FIFA & UEFA get this bullsh!t done away with, football will just be about the clubs with big finances. Our Stewart Reagan and Doncaster will of course paint an all is beautiful picture with Scottish football. These two getting punted would be a start for Scottish football to move forward.

Quote Originally Posted by arab_pat View Post
    And you have no idea that any player coming in would hit the ground running. It cant be stressed how important the next few months are in United's history. We are not good enough to let go a player who is on the verge of hitting the form that will make a difference in this division.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)