+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: BBC sports gossip

BBC sports gossip

This morning has Scott Fraser linked with a move to Wigan in January and says Flood is out until the New Year with a dislocated shoulder.

Can’t believe I’m saying this but Flood will be a big loss, massive month ahead.

Flood has been excellent for the last month or so, big miss if true.

If we are serious about promotion we can't afford to be losing key players in January window, has derailed us too many times in the past

Flood about big miss and could cost us pts, especially with Briels not ready to come back in

Quote Originally Posted by shedka View Post
    If we are serious about promotion we can't afford to be losing key players in January window, has derailed us too many times in the past
    Sorry to have to sound like a broken record, but do you really think something as minor as hindsight is going to stop you know who up in the Boardroom?

heard funds will be available for 2 x players in Jan!

Heard at the weekend that Darren Taylor was over in Hungary looking at a midfielder and a striker.

We need to keep Fraser as his contributions can win us matches

Get well soon for Willo. Hope he is ok.

Fyvie can play defensive midfield role - and do we need more that one in that position when we are looking to beat teams every game

We have decent midfield options and can match formation to what we have within a strong squad

Quote Originally Posted by offshore_arab83 View Post
    heard funds will be available for 2 x players in Jan!
    Will they funds be available after we've sold Fraser and Robson ?????

I'd happy have seen Flood let go in the summer, but I'm delighted to eat my words, I actually thought he started last season well but faded, and perhaps got overplayed when he was out form which didnt help, but he has been excellent the past month.

Fraser would benefit from staying at United a couple of years, he is only now starting to show his best form (reminds me of Stephen Thomson who was rubbish up until his last 6 months), is being played in his best position (is he going to get that luxury at another club?). He would be better being the main man at United, getting us up, proving himself in the top flight, and then moving on. I think if he moved now he would just get swallowed up and spat out somewhere. I'd say just look at the career choices of Scott Allan and Stuart Armstong. I've been sceptical in the past about Fraser (mainly due to his reluctance to use his right foot) but happy to eat humble pie.

I will let OA answer but i had heard it was 2 additional. I also do not think we will sell either player in January unless its a 500k type bid.

My concern is that they go off the boil if they sign pre contracts. Hope not.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)