+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: O/T Adelaide Test Match

O/T Adelaide Test Match

Wow , what a fantastic match this is , England need 178 to win with 6 wickets in hand going into the final day .

Joe Root still at the crease on 67 , it goes without saying he needs to remain there till the match is won .

I still make the Aussies favourites but the first two sessions tomorrow will be in daylight conditions and the pitch looks flat as a pancake .

The whole ashes are riding on those two sessions for me , if we go 2-0 down heading to the fast bowlers paradise that is Perth then it's all over in my opinion .

C'mon Rooty lad dig in , make a big hundred and with the support we might pull this off yet

Ashes cricket at its finest and they say test cricket is dead , nobody told these two old rivals if it is
    Last edited by animallittle3; 05-12-2017 at 12:24 PM.

It is still going to be tough to win it, but what great cricket this morning (evening in Australia). Need Joe Root to stay in to have any chance. The bowlers let us down in the Aussies first innings, but we haven't got any really fast bowlers in the team. Still a very good effort, and they have made a game of it. Should be a fascinating last day.

You know what's going to happen though. Wish in one hand sh1t in the other see which gets full first.

Anything is possible in an ashes test match , can't be doing with these smug ausie gits , go Rooty .

Quote Originally Posted by animallittle3 View Post
    Anything is possible in an ashes test match , can't be doing with these smug ausie gits , go Rooty .
    I knew you Reds liked us BLADES fans really animal. I've been listenin to it on TMS it really has been a remarkable turnaround but if they get JOE out early they'll probably rip through the rest of our battin.UTCB

Quote Originally Posted by rodcurrie View Post
    I knew you Reds liked us BLADES fans really animal. I've been listenin to it on TMS it really has been a remarkable turnaround but if they get JOE out early they'll probably rip through the rest of our battin.UTCB
    You could be right there Dave , if Rooty goes early it's hard to see any of the others stepping up .

Quote Originally Posted by animallittle3 View Post
    You could be right there Dave , if Rooty goes early it's hard to see any of the others stepping up .
    I think our middle order batsmen are more than capable. Can they do it under pressure though? Well that's another question. I don't think victory rests solely on Root staying but the 1st hour is crucial. If Root stays and gets his century we will have a chance.

If we pull off this unlikeliest of victories I firmly believe the momentum is with us. Lose then we will look back on the entire 1st innings with massive regret. Then it's a case of being in for another Aussie caning.

Quote Originally Posted by pass_and_move View Post
    I think our middle order batsmen are more than capable. Can they do it under pressure though? Well that's another question. I don't think victory rests solely on Root staying but the 1st hour is crucial. If Root stays and gets his century we will have a chance.

If we pull off this unlikeliest of victories I firmly believe the momentum is with us. Lose then we will look back on the entire 1st innings with massive regret. Then it's a case of being in for another Aussie caning.
    Reminds me of the second test at Birmingham in 2005 after we lost the first one at Lords .

If we'd had allowed Aussie to win that one we wouldn't have won the series , they so nearly pulled it off too , I thought we'd blown it when the last two at the crease inched themselves towards the target , unbelievable tension .

Best test match of all time for me that one , sport at its finest .

Didn't you just know that would happen! It's got to be a mental thing. If it were a one dayer they'd have just rolled out and knocked em' off.

It's like Barnsley with an international break ffs. It's hard breaking off and coming back the next day. Especially after the high of yesterday. If the match had carried on yesterday we'd have won easy.

The break in play gave the aussies time to regroup. That isn't an excuse we were outplayed for three out of the five days.

Blown away like a f@rt in the wind .

Terrible .

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast