+ Visit Queen of the South FC for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Pars v Doonhamers

Pars v Doonhamers

William Collum is the match official on Saturday at East End Park.

https://youtu.be/WhH9ynIHJkw Michael Paton pre match interview

https://youtu.be/xKI4yO3g0DU Allan Johnson pre match interview

Last away game in the 2nd quarter and last before xmas so hopefully we have something to cheer about after the match.
    Interesting match today with Dunfermline as they are not on a great run at the moment and with us being on the same points it will be a big 3 points to the whatever team gets it today and I am feeling pretty confident we can sneak a win today.

Come on Queens!

Good to hear those interviews.

http://www.dafc.co.uk/fixture.php?SI...-12-09&ID=1073 How's this for a quick match report lads ?

I did say before this game in a different thread it could turn out to be a cracker. Was not there to witness it but looks on paper a great game! Well done Queens!!

Can't say I am that surprised at the result as we are capable but you never know what you are going to get , do you ? I have heard that Mercer done a job and I'm pleased for him as he gets a bit of ( unwarranted for me) stick. There was plenty of width with Stirling having a fine game on the right side and Dykes on the other. Mentioned before, Andy Stirling deserves a run of games to show what he can do and Chris Kane is coming good now as well. God knows what we'll get next week but it's an attractive home game v Dundee United and I'd like to think they'll be a few extra in the ground to watch 3rd v 1st. McFadden better off on bench at present as I think we can get more out of other players.
    Last edited by JRSLEFTPEG; 09-12-2017 at 06:44 PM.

This was arguably one of Queens greatest performances against a team whose budget is something we envy. Despite a tough fixture list and stamina sapping cup epics we are now in with the mix and with two crucial home fixtures looming we can consolidate. We are difficult to beat and can fear no one. One would hope that the fans will respond and two bumper gates will loom against Dundee United and St Mirren but I suspect our great wee team will be let down again.

Our galant manager is doing his best to bring success and deserves better.

4,600 odd there today. This is something we can only dream of and just shows what a fine result that was today up against a team of those resources.

Also a nice early video of match highlights from young Lewis Donald. We've got Dobbie, Stephen Dobbie. Queens need to get him signed up for next season ASAP.

https://youtu.be/Ylwfxrl164o

Quote Originally Posted by JRSLEFTPEG View Post
    Can't say I am that surprised at the result as we are capable but you never know what you are going to get , do you ? I have heard that Mercer done a job and I'm pleased for him as he gets a bit of ( unwarranted for me) stick. There was plenty of width with Stirling having a fine game on the right side and Dykes on the other. Mentioned before, Andy Stirling deserves a run of games to show what he can do and Chris Kane is coming good now as well. God knows what we'll get next week but it's an attractive home game v Dundee United and I'd like to think they'll be a few extra in the ground to watch 3rd v 1st. McFadden better off on bench at present as I think we can get more out of other players.
    We have survived a tough schedule in recent weeks and Naysmith is shuffling his pack for new options with the selction of Stirling and Kane. I agree McFadden is better off on the bench at present.

Quote Originally Posted by QOS_MAD_ADMIN View Post
    We have survived a tough schedule in recent weeks and Naysmith is shuffling his pack for new options with the selction of Stirling and Kane. I agree McFadden is better off on the bench at present.
    I have to agree but the current bonus is we have a degree of strength on the bench which does give us options I don't think we had last season.

Great performance today and a great result. We were by far and away the better team although the Pats were woeful. If Lyndon hadnít had an off day and hadnít waited until 4.30 to wake up it could have been 6 or 7-1. He came good in the end though. Dobbie was fantastic and Stirling too. Canít understand why he doesnít get a start more often. Kane finally had his day too. A great performance by him. All round fantastic day!
    Last edited by louisxiv; 09-12-2017 at 08:14 PM.

Great to see us use the width of pitch too. Still buzzing from that tbh. Best performance from a Queens team iíve seen in a long time.

Still missing some creativity in midfield though. Rankin and Jacobs are doing a job but we need some real throttle there.

Time to get Joe Thomson back in the January transfer window.

Aye, he or someone similar would useful.

Quote Originally Posted by louisxiv View Post
    Still missing some creativity in midfield though. Rankin and Jacobs are doing a job but we need some real throttle there.
    I agree . Those two give everything they have and then a little bit more but there are certain things they can't do . Mr Joe Thomson, come on down if the price is right.

For Thomson to go back to Celtic from Dumbarton on loan he'd be as well back in Dumfries in January.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast