+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Jim Traynor

Prime example from Chris McLaughlin http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/42219763:
    Has he always been keen on the job? Yes.
    No evidence to back it up, just a downright assertion as if it was fact. He knows fine well that will just stir the sh!t up even more.

Now that statement may or may not be true, but I'd be very surprised if McInnes had told him it, and he could use it on the record. It can only cause McInnes trouble

If someone went around telling the world I wanted to leave my current employer for a rival, I'd have my lawyer onto the case.

Quote Originally Posted by Mason89 View Post
    When the dust settles on all this, questions really should be asked how much influence that fat Hun @rsehole has over the game in Scotland

You expect it from the Record, Sun & Herald but why are the BBC doing his work?

*Tinfoil hat on*

I wonder if he actually ‘knows stuff’* about certain figures in the Scottish MSM

* you ken...stuff

Bang on the money.

Been thinking about this since coming back on Sunday night.

The huns have been briefing the media for weeks now, & Jabba is the number one suspect.

Chris McLaughlin effectively holds the position Jabba once did & he's absolutely vehement that his information is correct.

I don't believe he's speaking from a position of spite but from a position of being directly informed by Traynor.

Immediately after both Milne & McInnes statements he was on Radio Scotland insisting those statements were of little relevance.

This c*nt is TOO certain for my liking about his "sources" to simply be offering an opinion based on little more than presumption.

Quote Originally Posted by kb_don View Post
    Prime example from Chris McLaughlin http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/42219763:

No evidence to back it up, just a downright assertion as if it was fact. He knows fine well that will just stir the sh!t up even more.

Now that statement may or may not be true, but I'd be very surprised if McInnes had told him it, and he could use it on the record. It can only cause McInnes trouble

If someone went around telling the world I wanted to leave my current employer for a rival, I'd have my lawyer onto the case.
    I don't really see a problem with what McLaughlin is saying here. This is just standard journalism - somebody (it won't be McInnes himself) tells you something off the record that you know to be true and you relay it to people without saying where you got it from. Bad journalism would be him not having any information and saying this anyway just to stir the pot, but I don't genuinely think that's the case here.

I'd be surprised if people close to McInnes haven't already informally made it clear via some third party that he'd be happy to go to Ibrox. That will have gone through enough people for journalists to know about it.

The one thing he does get wrong in this article is his reading of our support base. He thinks everybody is either in denial or furious about him leaving. He's ignoring the significant percentage of supporters who think him leaving now would actually be in our interest given how far this has progressed, our recent form, and the potential mess of being tied to an almost unsackable manager whose authority has been completely undermined.

Quote Originally Posted by sancho_panza View Post
    I don't really see a problem with what McLaughlin is saying here. This is just standard journalism - somebody (it won't be McInnes himself) tells you something off the record that you know to be true and you relay it to people without saying where you got it from. Bad journalism would be him not having any information and saying this anyway just to stir the pot, but I don't genuinely think that's the case here.

I'd be surprised if people close to McInnes haven't already informally made it clear via some third party that he'd be happy to go to Ibrox. That will have gone through enough people for journalists to know about it.

The one thing he does get wrong in this article is his reading of our support base. He thinks everybody is either in denial or furious about him leaving. He's ignoring the significant percentage of supporters who think him leaving now would actually be in our interest given how far this has progressed, our recent form, and the potential mess of being tied to an almost unsackable manager whose authority has been completely undermined.
    Aye this.

Traynor is a rabid clown. Hope his next trip to the toilet involves a hedgehog

Is a c*nt

Quote Originally Posted by The_Verninator View Post
    Is a c*nt
    Usually when i see the verninator i think "would he or wouldnt he". Annoyed to see theres no explanation to why he wouldnt

Quote Originally Posted by The_Verninator View Post
    Is a c*nt
    Usually when i see the verninator i think "would he or wouldnt he". Annoyed to see theres no full explanation to why he wouldnt. Being a c@nt is a cop out

Quote Originally Posted by sancho_panza View Post

Personally I thought thought journalists were supposed to get a quote on the record, otherwise it is just speculation. The way various members of the BBC have been reporting this, is that it is factual. It is not a fact unless they will go on the record, and that for me is where the problem lies. If a journalist does not have a source willing to go on the record, they are ultimately spreading rumors.

How would McLaughlin feel if someone wrote and article, without valid sources, which stated that 4 people have told him his wife is cheating on him with his best friend ?

I do expect the tabloids to deal in speculation and rumor, I do not expect that of the BBC!

Quote Originally Posted by So_cal_Dandie View Post

I do expect the tabloids to deal in speculation and rumor, I do not expect that of the BBC!
    BBC Sport Scotland are absolutely rimming Sevco to try to gt the "ban/boycott" lifted.
    Why else would semi-literate morons like Boyd, Ferguson et al be given house room?

Their "insight" is cliched bilge expressed with the eloquence of a farmyard goat.

They're, collectively, doing Traynor and Glib ad S's bidding at every turn to try to curry favour.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast