+ Visit Newcastle United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: January

January

BUDGET DEALS

I'd take Markovic, McCarthy, Holtby and Ings. No question.

Much as I like the idea of a striker like Ings, I think he's missed so much football he'd take too long to get up to speed. We need someone to come in and hits their straps immediately.

Mind, unless you absolutely pay through the nose, clubs don't let goalscorers go (naturally)

Ahh, the heady days of Summer when we were being told Stoke fans were sad to see Joselu go and he'd scored 4 in pre-season....

if the deal doesnt go through i think we will end up loaning a striker

we need someone in the midlle who can shore us up
    we need a left back
    we need a striker

we need a miracle

i can honestly see the manager being given 20 mill and hope the likes of palace westham and huddesfield dont find form

and even if we do have money
    who sells decent pplayers in january

we won't bring in a midfielder when he has Hayden, Shelvey and Merino....

we won't bring in a left back when Dummett is just about to return...

we don't need a miracle as we (although we are in a battle near the bottom) are not marooned in the bottom 3 4 or 5 points adrift.

phucking drama queen.

Quote Originally Posted by Zippity View Post
    Much as I like the idea of a striker like Ings, I think he's missed so much football he'd take too long to get up to speed. We need someone to come in and hits their straps immediately.

Mind, unless you absolutely pay through the nose, clubs don't let goalscorers go (naturally)

Ahh, the heady days of Summer when we were being told Stoke fans were sad to see Joselu go and he'd scored 4 in pre-season....
    I was imagining a loan deal for Ings so that we don't have a big financial loss if it turns out he isn't up for it. A loan deal will also be able to show Liverpool whether or not he's up for it, though I have a feeling he'll never get a chance in their team again.

I know centre-mid isn't a massive priority in relation to other positions but i do think if the chance to sign McCarthy comes again then Rafa will go for it. I also think he'd add to the squad.

I rate Ings and the fact he's playing reserve football now is a good thing but i'd still be concerned about put all our hopes on a coming back from injury striker.

Markovic, fair shout. Would be useful to have another winger.

Aye, I think Markovic would add quality on the wing.

Quote Originally Posted by waalsendmick View Post
    we won't bring in a midfielder when he has Hayden, Shelvey and Merino....

we won't bring in a left back when Dummett is just about to return...

we don't need a miracle as we (although we are in a battle near the bottom) are not marooned in the bottom 3 4 or 5 points adrift.

phucking drama queen.
    so we will go the rest of the season with 1 dodgy left back

you been reading rafas book of football tactics
    the reason we are in some of this ****e is we dont have a recognised back up for dummet

so lets go the rest of the season without one
    that makes rafa sence

and we dont have a defensive midfielder that is any good hence why we are shipping goals and not getting the best from the creative midfielders

the miracle would be ash selling before jan

but we wont need that as you say

dumb phuck

Quote Originally Posted by pboromag View Post
    we dont have a defensive midfielder that is any good hence why we are shipping goals and not getting the best from the creative midfielders
    This is quite true I think, most modern football teams play with some sort of holding midfielder capacity.

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)