+ Visit West Bromwich Albion FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: O/T The Turner Prize 2017

O/T The Turner Prize 2017

Am I a philistine? Or is this shortlisted piece of visual art just utter sh1te? Its just a drawing of a potato with a helmet ffs
    scroll to Andrea Buttner

http://www.tate.org.uk/whats-on/fere...ner-prize-2017

I'll paint a Fingerbob face on my c o c k and enter it next year.

What a pointless prize.

Elitist b o l l o x.

Blimey.....half of it isn't even new....the middle bit she displayed in 1986! Liberal, elitist load of spherical objects if you ask me!
    But what do I know....I'm just a footie hooligan!

I'm pretty sure I drew much the same in 1958. Pity I didn't copyright it.
    I have wondered for many years about the cost of art. There is some good stuff around but it's not worth the millions some of it sells for, not even if it is 400 years old. As for the trash Picasso, Dali, Warhol and the like produced, I doubt the sanity of the buyers, certainly wouldn't want any of it hanging on my toilet wall. Monet, Van Gough and the like weren't very good either. I wouldn't have got away with their splodges at school.
    Photographs are much better. The famous one of a group of workers having a break on the girders of a NY skyscraper is streets ahead of any painting.

Sickening that the prize is associated with one of our greatest ever painters.
    Maybe displaying one of Turners originals used a toilet paper and stuffed down a toilet pan would illustrate how they have devalued the great man and win the prize next year.

I remember having to wear an apron during art classes at primary school.

A wonderful myriad of autumnal colours were displayed over a navy blue back ground.

It took years of dedicated brush wiping to achieve it's depth and warmth but I got there in the end.

Now you can wipe your @rse and describe it as the embodiment of post industrial decline trodden into mud.

How I wish I'd kept hold of that old art apron.

I'd be a millionaire.

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)