+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Notts Reserves 3 - 0 Burton Albion Reserves

Notts Reserves 3 - 0 Burton Albion Reserves

A goal for Dan Jones who also provided two assists for Sam Osborne.

https://www.burtonalbionfc.co.uk/new...reservereport/

After an even first half Notts took control of the game in the second half.

This is the game report form the OS.

Notts County's reserves ended their Central League Cup group stage campaign with a 3-0 win against Burton Albion at Ilkeston Town

With manager Kevin Nolan watching on from the stands, Dan Jones' goal and a brace from winger Sam Osborne saw the Magpies emerge victorious.

Notts looked to have taken the lead on 13 minutes when Callum Saunders slammed in from Curtis Thompson's clipped pass but the offside flag had long been raised against the young striker.

Burton responded through Ben Fox, who advanced from midfield for the Brewers before firing high and wide from long range as both sides struggled to create clear openings in the first 20 minutes of the match.

The sides continued to trade chances. First Saunders volleyed wide on his left foot before veteran striker Luke Varney raced clear at the other end and fired narrowly wide of the upright.

Varney saw another effort saved by Branislav Pindroch in the Notts goal from a quick Burton break.

As Notts looked to counter, Hope Akpan hacked down Elliot Hodge to end a promising run from the winger and bring about the first yellow card of the game.

It was goalless at the break but it took less than five minutes after the interval for the Magpies to find a breakthrough.

There seemed to be little danger on for Burton when Jones lined up a speculative effort but the ball squirmed through the gloves of Ripley to find the bottom corner.

Fox fired a low free-kick at Pindroch from 20 yards minutes later and Joe Sbarra curled wide from a similar distance as the visitors pressed to find an equalising goal.

But it was Notts who struck again as Jones hared away down the left wing and his low delivery was turned in by Osborne from a couple of yards out.

The youngster doubled his tally for the afternoon 10 minutes later, rifling home a fine finish after being picked out at the far post by Jones' teasing cross to make it 3-0 to Notts.

Sborra hammered a shot wide from 20 yards in the latter stages of the contest and Pindroch ensured a clean sheet, producing a superb save to tip Fox's curling effort around the post with the final action of the match.

Notts: Pindroch; Hunt, Hollis, Bird, Jones; Osborne; Thompson, Walker, Hodge; Smith (Dunn 71'), Saunders (Campbell 71').
    Subs not used: Culverwell (GK), Dearle.

He arrived with some reputation including being injury prone.

What's his playing record this season? I'm sure he's been out and then back in again before being out again.

I'm surprised Noble isn't appearing in any of these reserve matches. I'm sure I read that he's eligible and he must be bored out of his skull!

Quote Originally Posted by Old_pie View Post
    He arrived with some reputation including being injury prone.

What's his playing record this season? I'm sure he's been out and then back in again before being out again.
    Who?

Quote Originally Posted by LaxtonLad View Post
    Who?
    Woops - I had got an old thread about Dan Jones open in another tab so forgot he wasn't the subject of this one.

So Dan Jones played in this reserve match and apparently to good effect and you'd expect he'd be back in KN's thinking.

I thought he'd started the season, got injured, came back, got injured and now played in the reserve game yesterday but I can't readily see his playing record for this season. He came with a history of problems and a reputation of being injury prone.

(Where's the page that shows games played, goals etc for each player? - I thought the Beep used to do it before the revamped their system)

Quote Originally Posted by Old_pie View Post
    Woops - I had got an old thread about Dan Jones open in another tab so forgot he wasn't the subject of this one.

So Dan Jones played in this reserve match and apparently to good effect and you'd expect he'd be back in KN's thinking.

I thought he'd started the season, got injured, came back, got injured and now played in the reserve game yesterday but I can't readily see his playing record for this season. He came with a history of problems and a reputation of being injury prone.

(Where's the page that shows games played, goals etc for each player? - I thought the Beep used to do it before the revamped their system)
    Soccerbase is pretty good for stats

http://www.soccerbase.com/players/pl...layer_id=43627

Quote Originally Posted by DomdomPie View Post
    I'm surprised Noble isn't appearing in any of these reserve matches. I'm sure I read that he's eligible and he must be bored out of his skull!
    I asked the same question at the game played at Rainworth, was told he can't play any reserve games until he is registered as a Notts player on 1st January 2018.

Also been told he will not be able to play against Port Vale on New Years day as the player has to be registered with the FA on the Thursday before the game.

Anyone know if he is cup tied, can he play against Brentford?

Quote Originally Posted by Oldstripy View Post
    I asked the same question at the game played at Rainworth, was told he can't play any reserve games until he is registered as a Notts player on 1st January 2018.

Also been told he will not be able to play against Port Vale on New Years day as the player has to be registered with the FA on the Thursday before the game.

Anyone know if he is cup tied, can he play against Brentford?
    Definitely not cup tied. He came back to us on 12th October before the 1st round fixtures.

Quote Originally Posted by Oldstripy View Post

New Years day is on a Monday but he has to be registered on the previous Thursday? Four days in advance? I'm not saying it's you that's got it wrong but I cannot see any possible reason why such a rule should be in place, it makes no sense, does it?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast