+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: ifollow

Quote Originally Posted by Silly-miller View Post
    I’m hoping I can watch the game on ifollow while I’m in Mexico
    Whereabouts in Mexico are you staying?

Quote Originally Posted by Silly-miller View Post
    I’m hoping I can watch the game on ifollow while I’m in Mexico
    It will depend on the package you bought Silly. I'm not sure whether Perigord was able to listen t the match when he visited the UK he certainly was't able to log in to watch it.

Good luck though with it.

Quote Originally Posted by CAMiller View Post
    Whereabouts in Mexico are you staying?
    Near cancun on beach

Princess platinum yucatan

Oh yeah I thought it was a nice idea to walk on beach I ended up getting lost and heat stroke for my trouble.

Quote Originally Posted by frogmiller View Post
    It will depend on the package you bought Silly. I'm not sure whether Perigord was able to listen t the match when he visited the UK he certainly was't able to log in to watch it.

Good luck though with it.

Nah got nothing in uk.

Doesn't seem very user friendly if you travel around a bit.

I got a reply from the club today an they're tryi,g to hget to the bottom of it. Prei do you mind posting your respones from ifollow so I can forward it to the club please?

I have just sent this e-mail to ifollow. Hoefully it'll work. Matt Young is also working on our behalf.

Good evening,

On Saturday I was left disapointed with the service you gave. I purchaced the full package to watch and listen live to Rotherham United the team I have supported all my life. Up until this Saturday I have been delighted with the service you were providing. This Saturday I logged on as normal opening one tab with action (live pictures) and another tab for comms.

This Saturday I was thrown out of one or the other when I tried to logged in. I opened up a chat through the icon on your system and was told that I couldn't now listen and watch at the same time. The person said that it wasn't posible to do that and that it was the club who decided what service they provide. I directly contacted the club through their media officer (Matt Young via twitter) who was doing comms for that match. He was unaware that the system had changed. During the early matches Matt Young and I have been trying to get the comms synced with he live pictures to enhance the enjoyment for everyone.

One of his colleagues gave me a number for your technical centre in the UK to ring. I rang that but I was told that there was nothing he could do.

I was told by two of your employees that I should never have gotten the two systems to run together but I had had this service since August. I was told that it was the club that decided what service they gave.

The club have told me since that they haven't changed anything. They are looking into it for the benefit of the supporters.

I do hope that the original service that you supplied is reset and all fans can go back to what was a dream of a service for fans throughout the world.

You seriously cannot say that it isn't posible to give both action and comms together as a service because I've had it and as you don't have seperate a tarrif for the service you have been supplying to me and others you cannot be losing money by doing so. The only thing you will be doing if you deny this service to me and others around the world will be out of spite.

I thank you in advance for your you positive response.

Quote Originally Posted by frogmiller View Post
    I got a reply from the club today an they're tryi,g to hget to the bottom of it. Prei do you mind posting your respones from ifollow so I can forward it to the club please?

from sunday:

Dear Andrew, (no idea who Andrew is, but they clearly have others contacting for same reason)

Thank you for contacting iFollow Support.

Currently you are unable to watch and listen to commentary at the same time.

As per terms and condition you can not log in to two different devices at the same time and this includes two tabs.

If you have opened another tab, please clear your browser cache and cookies, refresh your browser and try accessing content again. If you still have issues please check for any updates available for your current browser and make sure cookies and third-party cookies are enabled.

If you have the same issues after trying those suggestions please try using an alternative web browser (i.e. Google Chrome, Mozilla FireFox, Safari and Edge) to eliminate any browser specific issues. Please be sure to check that the browser is up to date and that cookies and third-party cookies are enabled.

If you continue to have issues after that please confirm which web browsers you tried and that you are on a computer and not another device. Please also provide a brief explanation of what you are experiencing and include any errors or messages that you encounter. Please also confirm if this is occurring for all content or just specific/premium content. If that is specific/premium content please include the title of that video.

Regards,
    Muhammad, iFollow support

from monday:

Thank you for contacting ifollow support.

The subscription is a single sign on and as per the terms and conditions and the fact that this has worked in the past must have been an error as it was never designed to work that way and we would not be offering refunds due to this as this was not a change but a fix and that they were aware that the subscription was a single sign on when they took it out and these terms have not changed.

If you have any additional queries please contact us again.

Kind regards

Joseph,iFollo w support

Thanks mate. I've forwarded your message to him and he said that he'll contact them tomorrow.

Fingers crossed

A fix and not a change. It wasn't bloody broken

Those replies to Peri are quite confusing. They seem unable to give consistent advice about their broadcast policy...

In my experience it has NOT been possible to get both sound and video on the same computer. I have tried many times and am always given the same message that I can't open two tabs simultaneously. This seems to be broadly in line with the response you've received but hasn't been stated categorically and consistently and Frog, and possibly others, have proved it to be untrue in the past.

I've found it is possible to get both sound and video by the simple expedient of opening one on my i-Pad and the other on my lap-top. This works reasonably well and it's arguable easier to synchronise the two, and then make fine adjustments, while having two separate sets of controls to work with. However, I haven't bothered with this effort recently - mainly because the picture does tend to buffer and freeze badly - especially in the second half - and one has to constantly be adjusting both devices to resynch the sound and picture. In the end it's just too much effort and is too distracting when trying to follow a match.

So these days I usually just watch the video without a commentary which I find is better than just having sound. (I will switch to sound if I need to get on with something else and can't actually watch. The matches start at 7.00am for me so listening while going about the process of getting up is sometimes very convenient.)

Having said that, I do feel that if I've signed up for what is presented as both a sound and vision broadcast I should be able to get them in one service and, for what we pay, this should be properly synchronised. We shouldn't have to fiddle with these work-arounds to get both.

All in all, I find the overall product just about acceptable - and therefore disappointing. I would not say it was great and it would be ten times better if the sound and video could be coordinated more effectively. The buffering and freezing problem is also extremely annoying and I have missed several goals because of this. The camera work is also very mixed. Some of the rapid panning leaves your head spinning. Obviously a second camera would be a real plus but I can understand that this would be difficult.
    Last edited by CTMilller; 07-12-2017 at 06:49 PM.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast