+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: ifollow

Quote Originally Posted by frogmiller View Post
    It will depend on the package you bought Silly. I'm not sure whether Perigord was able to listen t the match when he visited the UK he certainly was't able to log in to watch it.

Good luck though with it.
    I visit China quite a lot due to the Missus working there. I use a VPN in China to get the Comms, just log into London on the VPN, same for the BBC, it thinks im in London so i can veiw anything, Iplayer etc etc

Interesting CT. I've never been able to use two devices whether it be one at min and one at Perigords I tried on Saturday when I was having problems. I logged onto watch the action on the computer and comms on my phone but once my phone was active the pictures on my computer stopped.

They said to me on Saturday that the audio was from the ground and not comms. This is a key thig with the process as I believe it. The pictures are relayed live as they would be into an editing office to allow them to produce the TV programmes. The comms is an add on to that. The comms I reckon is the base of the system not forgetting that ifollow is an advancement of MillersPlayer. The Player system was sold as a package to the clubs.

It may just be a coincidence but some of you may remember a competition ran by EFL. The top prise was flights, hotel and tickets for the lucky expat. This was to me a way of gaining knowledge of the numbers of us giving the size of the market before buying the rights to live coverage. I could be miles off but it seems to fit. Those numbers were targets for this tool and I hope it's been successfull because even if I only get to see us play with stadium noise it is certainly better than listening. On saying that if it went baack to just comms then we may see an upturn in numbers on the matchthread.

In summery the personalisation via comms is by the club and the live action is a byproduct of the TV highlight shows.

Quote Originally Posted by avondalemiller View Post
    I visit China quite a lot due to the Missus working there. I use a VPN in China to get the Comms, just log into London on the VPN, same for the BBC, it thinks im in London so i can veiw anything, Iplayer etc etc
    I think there's someone who has bought the full system with that type of VPN thingy.

The whole package is available for everyone next season meaning that you'll be able to watch the matches whilst base in the UK.

Quote Originally Posted by Silly-miller View Post
    Near cancun on beach

Princess platinum yucatan

Oh yeah I thought it was a nice idea to walk on beach I ended up getting lost and heat stroke for my trouble.
    How can you get lost on a beach? You walk one way and the sea is on your right, walk the other way and it's on your left

If I'd known you were going to Cancun I could have given you a deal on our place there.

Quote Originally Posted by CAMiller View Post
    How can you get lost on a beach? You walk one way and the sea is on your right, walk the other way and it's on your left

If I'd known you were going to Cancun I could have given you a deal on our place there.
    Easy to get lost you walk out of the hotel complex and go down the banking of sand then I walked on the beach with sea on my right lol until I thought dam it iv beennwalking ages and had to turn back with sea on my left now 2 issues popped up

First where did I come on to the beach?

Second I has miscalculated how long I had been walking and was not thinking straight

Never mind cam I got a great deal for my all inclusive holiday and am drinking them dry lol

Quote Originally Posted by CTMilller View Post
    Those replies to Peri are quite confusing. They seem unable to give consistent advice about their broadcast policy...

In my experience it has NOT been possible to get both sound and video on the same computer. I have tried many times and am always given the same message that I can't open two tabs simultaneously. This seems to be broadly in line with the response you've received but hasn't been stated categorically and consistently and Frog, and possibly others, have proved it to be untrue in the past.

I've found it is possible to get both sound and video by the simple expedient of opening one on my i-Pad and the other on my lap-top. This works reasonably well and it's arguable easier to synchronise the two, and then make fine adjustments, while having two separate sets of controls to work with. However, I haven't bothered with this effort recently - mainly because the picture does tend to buffer and freeze badly - especially in the second half - and one has to constantly be adjusting both devices to resynch the sound and picture. In the end it's just too much effort and is too distracting when trying to follow a match.

So these days I usually just watch the video without a commentary which I find is better than just having sound. (I will switch to sound if I need to get on with something else and can't actually watch. The matches start at 7.00am for me so listening while going about the process of getting up is sometimes very convenient.)

Having said that, I do feel that if I've signed up for what is presented as both a sound and vision broadcast I should be able to get them in one service and, for what we pay, this should be properly synchronised. We shouldn't have to fiddle with these work-arounds to get both.

All in all, I find the overall product just about acceptable - and therefore disappointing. I would not say it was great and it would be ten times better if the sound and video could be coordinated more effectively. The buffering and freezing problem is also extremely annoying and I have missed several goals because of this. The camera work is also very mixed. Some of the rapid panning leaves your head spinning. Obviously a second camera would be a real plus but I can understand that this would be difficult.
    Hi CT

Just to clarify, like Frog I had both services up till last Saturday. Then the message saying its one or the other. But I was also getting locked out of both at one stage ( I hadn't cleared the cache or cookies or whatever the techy term is).

Their current offer, per match, is

Match Pass

Choose a match and watch it live in HD

Live match video*
    Live audio commentary
    Full match replay*
    Match Highlights
    Exclusive matchday content
    Receive the weekly club newsletter †
    Full video archive
    €6.00

So it seems you can buy a single match with both services, but not for us subscribers ?

Here's the reply to the email. I've not heard owt from the club and as they'll be busy for tomorrows game I'm not going to pressure them.

What's the odds on me being unable to log on

Hi G. B. Frog

Thank you for your message. Our team will reply to you very shortly and we'll update you by email.

We strongly advise that if your question or query is relating to live match video or audio that you use the live chat option available via the chat bubble in the bottom right of the website.

If your question or query isn’t urgent, there is lots of useful information that may help you resolve your problem in the meantime.

Read our FAQ for UK & Ireland fans.
    Read our FAQ for international fans.
    If you’re having problems logging in, try resetting your password – just click on the ‘Forgot your password?’ link on the sign on page and follow the simple instructions.
    Find out which games will not be streamed live on iFollow (EFL clubs only).

Thank you!

Thank you with an exclamation mark!!!! Don't think I've ever had one of theose
    Last edited by frogmiller; 08-12-2017 at 04:27 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by PerigordMiller View Post
    Hi CT

Just to clarify, like Frog I had both services up till last Saturday. Then the message saying its one or the other. But I was also getting locked out of both at one stage ( I hadn't cleared the cache or cookies or whatever the techy term is).

Their current offer, per match, is

Match Pass

Choose a match and watch it live in HD

Live match video*
    Live audio commentary
    Full match replay*
    Match Highlights
    Exclusive matchday content
    Receive the weekly club newsletter †
    Full video archive
    €6.00

So it seems you can buy a single match with both services, but not for us subscribers ?
    Thanks, Peri. I did not realise that the single match deal offered so much more. Can't remember what the annual overseas subscription was but 130 Euros comes to mind. Obviously 6 Euros per match works out to a significantly higher figure over a season, so they will argue that you pays your money and takes your choice. It would be useful to have them clarify whether the Match Pass deal has the video and commentary fully coordinated. If it does I might go for a Match Pass for selected games instead next season.

Quote Originally Posted by frogmiller View Post
    Interesting CT. I've never been able to use two devices whether it be one at min and one at Perigords I tried on Saturday when I was having problems. I logged onto watch the action on the computer and comms on my phone but once my phone was active the pictures on my computer stopped.

They said to me on Saturday that the audio was from the ground and not comms. This is a key thig with the process as I believe it. The pictures are relayed live as they would be into an editing office to allow them to produce the TV programmes. The comms is an add on to that. The comms I reckon is the base of the system not forgetting that ifollow is an advancement of MillersPlayer. The Player system was sold as a package to the clubs.

It may just be a coincidence but some of you may remember a competition ran by EFL. The top prise was flights, hotel and tickets for the lucky expat. This was to me a way of gaining knowledge of the numbers of us giving the size of the market before buying the rights to live coverage. I could be miles off but it seems to fit. Those numbers were targets for this tool and I hope it's been successfull because even if I only get to see us play with stadium noise it is certainly better than listening. On saying that if it went baack to just comms then we may see an upturn in numbers on the matchthread.

In summery the personalisation via comms is by the club and the live action is a byproduct of the TV highlight shows.
    Thanks, Frog. More useful information.

Another message received last night. It looks as though they have a department that's in control of both who will be feeling a little uncomfortable.

Dear Frog

Thank you making contact with the audio and video support team.

During peak hours, our operatives are dealing with a significant number of customer enquiries.

Our team would like to reassure you that your contact is very important to us and we endeavour to respond to your enquiry with a resolution as soon as possible.

Kind Regards,

Audio & Video Support team

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast