+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Trump

What do you want me to say Alf just smiling here ( The guy has balls ) which European governments have not/

But then again Alf I could be looking at that Prediction league O C does :-)

I DEFINITELY don't want to look at your arse Balanbam

Sinkov, that is a very selective bit from the Clinton two-state peace initiative.

The Palestinians would have gained a lot from the deal if it had happened. Israel would have had to give land back etc but would have been ceded the West Wall in Jerusalem. Palestine would have been given sovereignty.

The deal so nearly worked that Yassar Arafat agree to it, with reservations.

To simply say that Clinton wanted Jerusalem to be the capital of Israel is totally missing the point and taking things wildly out of context.

I would have celebrated the deal if it had happened.

Trump is simply acting in a one sided way in granting Israel it's wishes.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Clinton_Parameters

59/60, Arafat walked away from that deal, one of the all time classic examples of snatching defeat from the jaws of victory. In any case, I can't be bothered to count them, but I would imagine that most of the countries moaning about this don't even recognise the state of Israel, so how can they complain about where the non-existent capital of a non-existent state is. Or are they like Boris, pro having cake and pro eating it ?

Incidentally, Clinton passed the law to move the US Embassy in 95, long before the period you appear to be referring to.
    Last edited by sinkov; 06-12-2017 at 08:52 PM.

don't give a damn what the Trumped up rabble rouser thinks - and of the old Pagan Cannanite Urushalim - Phoenician god of dusk.....and Baal worship - I care nothing - it was built for trouble.

This Trump dude is married to an immigrant but he doesn't like immigrants.

He wants to build a wall to keep the Mexicans out, but there are already 20 million illegals plus in the US.

He is a racist bordering on a fascist, yet supports Jewish interests.

He presides over a country with the most gunshot fatalities, yet refuses to justify gun control.

He supports people like Ray Moore but is himself accused of being a serial groper.

He plead for the indictment of Hilary Clinton on trumped up email account fraud yet he himself is implicitly involved in electoral fraud.

He castigates Obama for having two daughters in University yet plonks his own offspring doing jobs in the White House for which they are spectacularly unqualified for.

Need I go on? The man is an utter fraud. Even his tan is fake!

j

Sinkov, reading your last post it is obvious that YOU do not recognise the state of Palestine. ("non existent state")

Therefore, following the logic, Israel owns all the land in the area and so can choose Jerusalem as it's capital if it so wishes? Is this a fair reflection of your beliefs?

If so, we are so far apart on our thinking that we could argue forever. (This could be a record breaking thread!)

I firmly believe that the only hope for a lasting peace in the region is the two state solution. Alas, after today it is beginning to look like a forlorn hope.

Prepare for war - and an expansion of US/Israeli influence.

Dear 1959_60 and company.

'' Therefore, following the logic, Israel owns all the land in the area and so can choose Jerusalem as it's capital if it so wishes''?

Let's have a Balamboo look at this problem! Here we are speaking about what is called ''the West Bank''. In hebrew its is Judah and the Shomrom (Samaria!) Remember the good Samaritan?)

According to the United Nations Security Council Resolution 242, adopted in November 1967, after Israel captured the region from Jordan in the Six-Day War, lists as its first principle "the inadmissibility of the acquisition of territory by war and the need to work for a just and lasting peace in which every State in the area can live in security"

Remember Israel did not attack Jordan ,Jordan attacked Israel and lost! Israel spoke to the Jordanians to stay out of the war ,but they had signed with Egypt some agreement,most probably wanting to carve up land in Israel after Israel was destoyed? Lets say Israel did not take the area the West Bank of Jordan? If after 10 - 20 years later,could Jordan attack again, this time more powerful? Is that security? At a point in the middle of Israel from the West bank to the sea, the distance is about 15 km about 9 miles , any powerful army could pierce that point and cut Israel off ,dividing it north and south.

Let's debate that area 'the need to work for a just and lasting peace in which every State in the area can live in security." If the arabs or Palestinians will not debate that issue ,goodluck to them!
    They will not debate it because they want all of Israel!!! After they want Europe , the USA and world domination ! Wake up and smell the coffee!!!

Quote Originally Posted by sinkov View Post
    Never far away Alf.

Another difficult fact for Lefties to grasp Dave, is that it's been official American policy since 1995 to move their Embassy to Jerusalem. In fact a law was passed in 95 to this effect, but it hasn't happened so far because the CiC has signed a waiver every six months since then to delay the move. So all the Donald will be doing is putting into effect the decision taken in 95, he'll be carrying out the wishes of the 1995 Potus, who was none other than Lefty folk hero Bill Clinton. Nice one Bill.

Incidentally I've just watched the BBC 6pm news and guess what, despite going into great detail on the subject, they forgot to mention the above fact, that it's all down to the lefty perv Bill Clinton. Quelle surprise !!
    I cannot understand how every time there is a debate you have to include "Lefties". This has nothing to do with left wing politics just a visceral decision from a puffed up buffoon who is starting to believe the world centres around him.

Quote Originally Posted by The Bedlington Terrier View Post
    I cannot understand how every time there is a debate you have to include "Lefties". This has nothing to do with left wing politics just a visceral decision from a puffed up buffoon who is starting to believe the world centres around him.
    In this case it's because every leftie I hear or read begins foaming at the mouth at the very mention of his name, they all suffer, every single one of them from TDS, and in this specific case they all piled in immediately, particularly this board's resident lefties your good self and 59/60, to attack Trump over his decision to move the US Embassy to Jerusalem, in blissful ignorance of the fact that he was simply implementing a law passed by Bill Clinton 22 years ago.

I did ask 59/60 why he thought Clinton took this step, but as far as I'm aware he hasn't replied yet. Maybe you could help me out, if this is such a ludicrous, dangerously insane move, then why did Clinton enshrine this move in US law ?

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)