+ Visit Sheffield United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Does Wilders decision to re visit signing Lenny

Does Wilders decision to re visit signing Lenny

mean he dosen't rate Lundstram to do Coutts job regardless of public statements or is it a general strengthening to kick on after January?
    Either way,if we do finally land him I can't see him bench warming,and he won't be replacing Duffy or Fleck!

Leonard wont be coming,Ron will run his contract down,then Leonard will opt to stay down south at somewhere like Charlton or Millwall.

Some players will be frightened of the challenge at BL these days.....he might be one of them.

Don't know whether Leonard will end up at the Lane or elsewhere (eventually)

However, what it probably does tell me is, the money available for signings means CW is in the same market he was in last summer

Now that's not a negative thing, but was hoping the big push by the board in backing CW due to the position we find ourselves in, may well not materialise

your probably right 58 think 2 league 1 signings 2 loans

Quote Originally Posted by blades58 View Post
    Don't know whether Leonard will end up at the Lane or elsewhere (eventually)

However, what it probably does tell me is, the money available for signings means CW is in the same market he was in last summer

Now that's not a negative thing, but was hoping the big push by the board in backing CW due to the position we find ourselves in, may well not materialise
    With CW's record so far of picking good 'uns, i'm not worried that we aren't breaking the bank in January.

As for the Leonard/Coutts/Lundstram question, I doubt if he's 'lost faith', but that isn't the same as realising that we don't have enough strength in depth. Lundy has done okay, he isn't Coutts though, and Carruthers is yet to really impress. One more injury and we'll be down to bare bones again. As we've seen we can beat anyone with our best 11, but theres too many of them in the physios room, and our 'nearly best' 11 isn't nearly as effective. Nothing wrong in wanting more good players for our team. We all want to win games...

Quote Originally Posted by FatherKnowsBest View Post
    With CW's record so far of picking good 'uns, i'm not worried that we aren't breaking the bank in January.

As for the Leonard/Coutts/Lundstram question, I doubt if he's 'lost faith', but that isn't the same as realising that we don't have enough strength in depth. Lundy has done okay, he isn't Coutts though, and Carruthers is yet to really impress. One more injury and we'll be down to bare bones again. As we've seen we can beat anyone with our best 11, but theres too many of them in the physios room, and our 'nearly best' 11 isn't nearly as effective. Nothing wrong in wanting more good players for our team. We all want to win games...
    ^^^^^This^^^^^^^

plus don't want to see us sign anyone that would demand big wages and upset the equalibrium at this stage.