+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: O/T Is this Millersmad or is it Corbynsmad?

Quote Originally Posted by frogmiller View Post
    I wasn't thinking to that extreme but I think he'd be there amounst it when the fall out had finished.

I would love a Labour government but not that far left. I don't know if Corbyn could move to the centre ground a bit but what worries me more is if he's not strong enough to deal with his party. The labour party had a lot to that Kinnock for but that episode has been forgotten by the looks of things.
    Absolute phallacy that he's far left, you've been reading too many Grist and GF posts fella, his policies are considered centrist in the Scandinavian country's, all this scaremongering about him is exactly that, from an establishment obviously running scared.

Quote Originally Posted by millmoormagic View Post
    Absolute phallacy that he's far left, you've been reading too many Grist and GF posts fella, his policies are considered centrist in the Scandinavian country's, all this scaremongering about him is exactly that, from an establishment obviously running scared.
    Are they? Sweden is currently selling off a number of state owned businesses in order to pay off some of the national debt so as to reduce the burden for future generations. That's not really what The Great Leader has in mind for the UK is it? The Swedes are also working to reduce corporate tax rates.

Quote Originally Posted by KerrAvon View Post
    Are they? Sweden is currently selling off a number of state owned businesses in order to pay off some of the national debt so as to reduce the burden for future generations. That's not really what The Great Leader has in mind for the UK is it? The Swedes are also working to reduce corporate tax rates.
    Aye aye, Kerr's back, so, please tell me then which of the Labour party policies are hard left, i'm intrigued to find out which ones are these marxist/communist policies that are going to ruin the country....

Oh, wait a minute, for millions of low paid people the country is already ruined, but you won't see that will you Kerr, you can't see that can you Kerr? You cannOt accept that this gov't is absolutely and willfully killing it's own people, and it's an ongoing process getting worse by the day. Just wait for this cold snap killing countless more, all in the name of your capitalist concerns.

I don't think you've answered ANY of my questions regarding in work poverty, slave wages, homelessness, foodbanks, EVER, and you know why, because you're alright jack, arent you, you don't want to admit that the policies you support are actually leading to people dying, do you?

Quote Originally Posted by KerrAvon View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by millmoormagic View Post
    Aye aye, Kerr's back, so, please tell me then which of the Labour party policies are hard left, i'm intrigued to find out which ones are these marxist/communist policies that are going to ruin the country....

Oh, wait a minute, for millions of low paid people the country is already ruined, but you won't see that will you Kerr, you can't see that can you Kerr? You cannOt accept that this gov't is absolutely and willfully killing it's own people, and it's an ongoing process getting worse by the day. Just wait for this cold snap killing countless more, all in the name of your capitalist concerns.

I don't think you've answered ANY of my questions regarding in work poverty, slave wages, homelessness, foodbanks, EVER, and you know why, because you're alright jack, arent you, you don't want to admit that the policies you support are actually leading to people dying, do you?
    Remploy , oh yes he did , see how the cap fits millmoor ? , how could he have not said it given his stance with the less well off , foodbanks - complex !!! Remember that .

I'd have had more respect if he'd have stuck by his convictions no matter how shallow he is .

Pathetic mate , not worth engaging with , cross between Katie Hopkins and Jacob Rees Mogg .

Quote Originally Posted by animallittle3 View Post
    Remploy , oh yes he did , see how the cap fits millmoor ? , how could he have not said it given his stance with the less well off , foodbanks - complex !!! Remember that .

I'd have had more respect if he'd have stuck by his convictions no matter how shallow he is .

Pathetic mate , not worth engaging with , cross between Katie Hopkins and Jacob Rees Mogg .
    I just want answers to the simple questions, what do these right wing nutjobs propose to do about the millions, and increasing, of people in poverty, hard working people through no fault of their own are stuck in a poverty trapdoor that's getting wider by the day...disgraceful.

Kerr obviously has a very privileged family background. He probably isn't aware of anybody he knows having to struggle. If he is aware it doesn't say a lot about him as a human being.

Quote Originally Posted by rolymiller View Post
    Kerr obviously has a very privileged family background. He probably isn't aware of anybody he knows having to struggle. If he is aware it doesn't say a lot about him as a human being.
    He also hasn't answered my question regarding student debt, and how much his education cost him, why should Kerr get free uni and my daughter have a debt of £42k over her head, what about that one then Kerr....Both British people born in different generations, why arent you fighting for the students, kerr?

My lads are in a similar position MMM but dont worry free market monetary policies will sort that out for em eh? same with getting on the housing ladder...I can see that money trickling down to em now from the rich and wealthy. They certainly wont be sorted out by the bank of mum and dad like the likes of kerr's kids in all likelihood will.

Or maybe kids from poorer backgrounds shouldn't be allowed to go to Uni if they cant afford it then they wouldnt have the debt. it wouldnt do for the middle classes to be infiltrated by the lower classes would it with a level playing field.
    Last edited by rolymiller; 09-12-2017 at 09:14 PM.

Blimey. I remember when Saturday night was about grabbing a few drinks with some mates or even just sitting in front of the telly with the family. With you lot it seems to be about having a rant-a-thon against anyone who disagrees with you.

Have you finished? Is it safe for me to get a word in?

I worry about you all getting so worked up. I even stopped posting on Tykes Mad because I was worried about the mental and physical health of animal and a couple of others posters on there. If you feel that you are getting worked up, try going for a run. The increased blood flow through your brain will help your thought processes. Do it for long enough and you’ll get a lovely endorphin burst. Over time it will help with your weight management and reduce your blood pressure.

@Millmoormagic.

I confess that I tend to stop reading your posts after a few lines, usually just after you start with the inevitable abuse for anyone who disagrees with you. If you can calmly point me in the direction of an unanswered question and can stay polite for more than a second or two (a big ask for you, I know), I’ll gladly try to assist you.

If it’s unanswered questions that you are interested in, have ago at these, which I asked you a few weeks ago and you have failed to respond to:

If you don’t consider [profit] to be generally immoral, why do you feel that profits from the railways and the utilities are different? And why is paying interest on the loans used to purchase the utilities different?

If Labour really wanted to do something about people on low incomes, why aren't they promising to lift the benefits cap as opposed to planning to provide free university education for the kids of mostly middle class families and spunk vast amounts nationalising the utilities? Isn’t that a funny sense of priority?

The better question though, is what is Labour offering to do. I’ll answer some questions for you on their flagship policies

Will borrowing money to privatise utilities help foodbank users and the homeless? No

Will borrowing money to bribe middle class voters with the end of tuition fees help foodbank users and the homeless? No.

Would Labour have ended benefit cuts had the electorate voted them in in June? No

https://www.theguardian.com/politics...ion-foundation

Would increasing Corporate Tax rates cut foodbank usage? No – it’ll simply encourage companies to adopt avoidance strategies, cut investment levels and shed staff.

On my education, my first degree was paid for by the state, the second one was paid for by me with some assistance from an employer and my third, which I am planning to undertake when I retire, will be paid for solely by me.

Here’s why tuition fees were introduced:

https://www.theguardian.com/politics...3/uk.education

The vast increase in the number of people going to University started by the Tories and continued by Labour means that the state can no longer afford to pay. It’s as simple as that. With that being the case, the options are for the students who benefit from a University education to pay some of the cost back, to stop sending so many people into higher education or to starve the universities of cash and dumb them down, just when the country needs to be pushing innovative and high-tec business. You’ll see that the last option appears to have been the one adopted by Labour in the 70s.

And if it’s unfairness that is troubling you, what of the students with historical loans which The Great Leader said he would sort only to later say, in terms, that he hasn’t got a clue about what he intends to do?

What is really funny is that Tuition Fee loans are a form of progressive taxation – the sort of thing that Labour is supposed to be in favour of. Students who fail to take any real benefit from their education and become high earners are unlikely to pay much of it back before it is written off.

I note your comments about your daughters £42k of debt. You do realise that it is only tuition fees that Labour is offering their bribe on? They are currently £9250 per year, so that’s £27750 for a three year degree. And the options are either for your daughter to owe that money and make repayments when she is earning well or for it to be added to this country’s mountain of debt so that every tax payer in the country both now and in the future has a share of it, irrespective of whether they benefit from her education.
    Last edited by KerrAvon; 10-12-2017 at 09:48 AM.

Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast