+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910 LastLast

Thread: O/T Is this Millersmad or is it Corbynsmad?

Quote Originally Posted by KerrAvon View Post
    Is there any chance that you could answer my questions? You appear to set great store by that sort of thing.

Let's try again:

If you don’t consider [profit] to be generally immoral, why do you feel that profits from the railways and the utilities are different? And why is paying interest on the loans used to purchase the utilities different?

Note that this question invites you to address why you feel that profits from the railways and the utilities are different to other profits? And why is paying interest on the loans used to purchase the utilities different?

If Labour really wanted to do something about people on low incomes, why aren't they promising to lift the benefits cap as opposed to planning to provide free university education for the kids of mostly middle class families and spunk vast amounts nationalising the utilities? Isn’t that a funny sense of priority? I don't think you addressed this one at all.
    I refer the condescending gentleman to the previous answer, stop cherry picking to suit your argument, paying interest on loans is exactly that, the profits should go to improving the service, in it's many forms, the profits made by the current railway and utility companies is plainly not deserved is it?, you tell me, are you happy with the 3.5% rise in fares this week? are you happy with ever increasing utility bills? are you happy that their profits go not to lower your bills, but to raise the exec's salary?

So, back to the benefit cap you're banging on about, you seem to be obsessed with the cap put on benefits by your party, now, what the labour party is plainly doing is getting people out of the poverty trap by offering higher minimum wages, £10 ph, that will automatically take many people out of the poverty trap without touching a benefit, double win as well because folk with more money will spend more, in local shops, in local pubs, locally, win win....

What about the higher prices that pubs, shops etc. have to charge due to paying more out in wages, employers NI and pension contributions?

Quote Originally Posted by one_a_day View Post
    What about the higher prices that pubs, shops etc. have to charge due to paying more out in wages, employers NI and pension contributions?
    Didn't really happen when the minimum wage was introduced did it?, no reason to believe it with the living wage is there?

Quote Originally Posted by millmoormagic View Post
    Didn't really happen when the minimum wage was introduced did it?, no reason to believe it with the living wage is there?
    Unbelievable Jeff. So you expect Joe Bloggs Auto Repairs who employs two mechanics to suck these extra costs and be worse off do you?

Nobody is disputing that poverty has got to be tackled, but what Labour are proposing is not the answer. They are currently just trying to buy votes and if they did actually gain power you will probably find that they backtrack on most of them. Try looking from the SMEs point of view instead of just the employees.

Policies such as increasing the NMW to £10.00, extending parental leave, increases to CT rates etc are great for the super large corporations - they can afford them. The vast majority of smaller to medium enterprises (of which there are many) cannot.

Unbelievable Jeff. So you expect Joe Bloggs Auto Repairs who employs two mechanics to suck these extra costs and be worse off do you?

Nobody is disputing that poverty has got to be tackled, but what Labour are proposing is not the answer. They are currently just trying to buy votes and if they did actually gain power you will probably find that they backtrack on most of them. Try looking from the SMEs point of view instead of just the employees.

Policies such as increasing the NMW to £10.00, extending parental leave, increases to CT rates etc are great for the super large corporations - they can afford them. The vast majority of smaller to medium enterprises (of which there are many) cannot.
    They could start here...

http://www.bytestart.co.uk/national-...-business.html

Quote Originally Posted by millmoormagic View Post
    So we can improve staff performance by motivating them more or we can get the right skills. Don't you think employers do both of these things already?

Thirdly, we can raise prices.....

So we can improve staff performance by motivating them more or we can get the right skills. Don't you think employers do both of these things already?

Motivating them more?, like David Brent you mean? In my experience you get what you pay for, if your working conditions are good, and the pay is good, by and large the workforce won't require much motivation, if you treat em like shyte and pay em shyte, you're gunna have a higher turnover of staff, a lower skill base of staff, less chance of attracting business or an inability to create more business.

Another thing, you said that you know that poverty needs to be tackled, i hear this off Kerr as well, but never get an answer, because he knows that he doesn't really give a shyte, what would you do about poverty then? because it's plain as day to me that tory policy is creating that poverty, they're as interested as Kerr is, at the very least the Labour party is attempting to tackle it, to come up with solutions....
    Last edited by millmoormagic; 11-12-2017 at 02:33 PM.

This web site seems to operate for the benefit of small businesses, and they obviously think that improving staff performance is an option. Do your employers have productivity targets and take the time to appraise staff against these targets? Seems common sense to me. That's how I operate with my staff.

Of course raising prices is a realistic option. But as the article says (did you not read it?), it's a level playing field. Your small business competitors have to do the same. Is it worth collectively doing this in order to create more earnings, that in turn = more spending power = better economy? Isn't nailing wages to the floor a false economy?

You do realise that improving staff performance works because it allows the company to employ fewer people for the same outlay?

Quote Originally Posted by KerrAvon View Post
    You do realise that improving staff performance works because it allows the company to employ fewer people for the same outlay?
    You do realise that i've lived my whole working life adapting in improved efficiency and therefore more employees get the shove, unlike yourself i'd dare say, you've never ever had that pressure of wondering if it was you next to have that tap on the shoulder and an invitation to a meeting with the gaffer, have you? I won't have an office monkey come on here and try and tell me about efficiencies in production environments...
    Last edited by millmoormagic; 11-12-2017 at 03:03 PM. Reason: Typo.

Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910 LastLast