+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: O/T Is this Millersmad or is it Corbynsmad?

@ animal. I'm not worth engaging with? You seemed to be very keen to engage with me last week over the question of loans from Rotherham Council to the company that owns the New York Stadium, albeit I still don’t understand the point that you were trying to make. It’s only when you got a bloody nose on that thread that your Remploy lie emerged. I wonder why?

Your mistake was in threatening me. Up to that point, I was willing to put up with your chronic ignorance and childishness.

@ Roly. I obviously had a very privileged background? Why? Because I disagree with some of your views? Take a look on the DUP thread. Raginpup wanted to play the ‘I’m more qualified to have an opinion than you’ game on there so I broke my own rules and put up some hypothetical facts about myself. It’s all you are getting so like it or lump it.

Privilege is a relative thing. I consider myself privileged in a number of respects, starting with that I was born in the UK with all that goes with that.

And answer this, if supposed ‘privilege’ means that a person cannot have a valid opinion upon, poverty, politics or economics, where does that leave The Great Leader, who, we are told, graced a private school in his formative years? I am grateful for the education that I got at South Grove.

Kerr, the core issue is regardless of upbringing there's a whole generation that thinks the country owes them something and if they wait long enough somebody else will pay for it and bring it to them

Quote Originally Posted by millmoormagic View Post
    I just want answers to the simple questions, what do these right wing nutjobs propose to do about the millions, and increasing, of people in poverty, hard working people through no fault of their own are stuck in a poverty trapdoor that's getting wider by the day...disgraceful.
    It’s importan to remember how we got here, years of labour mismanaging the economy

Quote Originally Posted by KerrAvon View Post
    @ Roly. I obviously had a very privileged background? Why? Because I disagree with some of your views? Take a look on the DUP thread. Raginpup wanted to play the ‘I’m more qualified to have an opinion than you’ game on there so I broke my own rules and put up some hypothetical facts about myself. It’s all you are getting so like it or lump it.

Privilege is a relative thing. I consider myself privileged in a number of respects, starting with that I was born in the UK with all that goes with that.

And answer this, if supposed ‘privilege’ means that a person cannot have a valid opinion upon, poverty, politics or economics, where does that leave The Great Leader, who, we are told, graced a private school in his formative years? I am grateful for the education that I got at South Grove.
    HI Kerr - my questions had NOTHING to do with who is more qualified to have an opinion? How could you work that out??

My questions were completely about to what extent your world is affected by public services and explores the extent that exposure to public services directly influence political opinion. Ie. If you have a job that depends on public subsidies, or if you have family members dependent on social care. Or on the other hand, if you can afford private insurance and are earning a wage that would mean that you would be paying a small amount more if there was a change on higher level taxes. To what extent do these life experiences affect our opinions is what I'm really getting at. And it's not even trying to argue, I'm more curious about it as an overall question. From everyone on here I suppose. You may recall that GM recently was arguing that changes in the higher tax rates affected him and he started using tax avoidance schemes and I put it to him that of course, this shortfall would = revenue gaps and therefore who will have to pay more to cover his avoidance? Hew went very quiet at this. But these questions interest me very much.

Clearly people in lower income bands can vote tory as they are worried about the repeated warnings that business and jobs will be affected by tax changes and Corbs will lead us back into a recession etc. I get that. But are they thought through opinions or 'handed down' from media owners who may have much more to lose? I suspect more of the latter...

I'll get back to a couple of issues raised in your large reply on t'other post (thanks for that by the way) soon - I am being summonsed to snow bomb my daughter in the garden...

...............lengthy replies Kerr which i too can't be bothered to read after a while because they are the same old right wing neo liberal apologist drivel and yet still not a small sign that you actually care about poverty. or doing owt about it..does that not make you feel ashamed of yourself? How do you sleep at night apart from very comfortably...
    Last edited by rolymiller; 10-12-2017 at 03:20 PM.

Aren’t labour proposing to increase taxation for those earning £85k or over?

I earn less than £85k so in theory shouldn’t be any worse off.

So why do I think that Corybn is a complete loony and it will be an unmitigated disaster if he gets in?

[QUOTE=one_a_day;38727112]Aren’t labour proposing to increase taxation for those earning £85k or over?

I earn less than £85k so in theory shouldn’t be any worse off.

So why do I think that Corybn is a complete loony and it will be an unmitigated disaster if he gets in?[/QUOTE

What leads you to think this Mr One? Do you read a balanced economic analysis from the FT, Times, Guardian economic pages to look at both sides of the argument and then have come to this opinion? Where do you do your economic research? (serious question, as with Kerr in really interested in how normal folks with so much to gain /lose

(sorry, site went down in mid sentence but somehow posted what I had written! To continue...

... how normal people with so much to gain /lose allow their thinking to be coloured by their personal circumstances.

Obviously much more complicated than that though. Many working class folk hate Corbyn as they consider themselves patriots and he to be an IRA stooge. Many think that he's a lover of immigrants and that May et al are the ones to deliver hard borders. How that one is coming home to roost eh?!

I’m an accountant by trade and currently a financial director, so yes, I read economic literature.

I’m fully aware of the impacts on SMEs of corporation tax increases, exchange rates and even the introduction of auto enrolment.

Corbyn gaining power would have a far-greater effect on economic confidence (negative that is) than Brexit has.

Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast